mmtztustz

Dec 5, 2022
I always get Execution failed. Don't know what I am doing wrong? (first time I am using an expert advisor)
Auto trading is enabled for the account
Live Trading is allowed for the EA

Any idea what I am missing? Or what info do you need to troubleshoot this?

This is the Inputs I am using

Date/time: When I am testing I use 1-2 minutes in the future from current time
Order type: Buy
Entry price: 0.0
SL type: Distance from Entry in points
SL: 100.0
TP type: Distance from Entry in points
TP: 100.0
Expires on: 1970.01.01 00:00
How many times to try sending order? 10
Max difference between given price and market price: 0
Maximum spread: 3
Maximum slippage: 30
ATR Timeframe: current
ATR Period: 14
FixedPositionSize: 0.01
Risk: 1.0
MoneyRisk: 0.0
FixedBalance: 0.0

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I always get Execution failed. Don't know what I am doing wrong? (first time I am using an expert advisor)
Auto trading is enabled for the account
Live Trading is allowed for the EA

Any idea what I am missing? Or what info do you need to troubleshoot this?

This is the Inputs I am using

Date/time: When I am testing I use 1-2 minutes in the future from current time
Order type: Buy
Entry price: 0.0
SL type: Distance from Entry in points
SL: 100.0
TP type: Distance from Entry in points
TP: 100.0
Expires on: 1970.01.01 00:00
How many times to try sending order? 10
Max difference between given price and market price: 0
Maximum spread: 3
Maximum slippage: 30
ATR Timeframe: current
ATR Period: 14
FixedPositionSize: 0.01
Risk: 1.0
MoneyRisk: 0.0
FixedBalance: 0.0
What exactly does it say in the Experts tab or in the respective log file after the order fails?

mmtztustz

Dec 5, 2022
What exactly does it say in the Experts tab or in the respective log file after the order fails?
Thank you, this question solved it . the log file only showed "uninit reason 1", but the experts Tab also showed the exact reason which was
"Current spread 6 > maximum spread 3. Not opening the trade"

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you, this question solved it . the log file only showed "uninit reason 1", but the experts Tab also showed the exact reason which was
"Current spread 6 > maximum spread 3. Not opening the trade"
By the log file, I didn't mean the MetaTrader's Journal. The Timed Order expert advisor creates its own log file in the Files folder called "TO-Log-<Symbol name>.log" - it contains the same info as the Experts tab. I'm glad that you were able to resolve the issue!

rooz

May 4, 2023
Does it have an option to execute automatically in the open time of the market without specifying the time and date ?

ge19991

Jun 28, 2023
Discuss the Timed Order expert advisor here. This free MT4/MT5/cTrader EA provides a way to schedule a pending or market order to be sent to the trading server at a specific time. You can ask any questions about this MetaTrader/cTrader robot here.

Is it possible to set entry price a set number of pips above/below the market price? ie set buy stop for a certain time to enter 10 pips above current price instead of having to specify an entry price ahead of time?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is it possible to set entry price a set number of pips above/below the market price? ie set buy stop for a certain time to enter 10 pips above current price instead of having to specify an entry price ahead of time?
No, it cannot do that. Perhaps, this will be added in the future.

ermac

Trader
Jul 28, 2023
How do I modify the inputs? Which window/tab should I open to edit the time and order type, SL, TP and so on?

Chris Freedom

Trader
Oct 30, 2023
The field "CalculatePositionSize: Use money management module?" it doesn't work when i select true.
Any variation I made in the settings the lot size was always 0.01 (it took the value from the FixedPositionSize field).
I have attached the file with the settings I use. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Time Order1.set
    561 bytes · Views: 2

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
The field "CalculatePositionSize: Use money management module?" it doesn't work when i select true.
Any variation I made in the settings the lot size was always 0.01 (it took the value from the FixedPositionSize field).
I have attached the file with the settings I use. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!
Yes, there is a bug there. I will try to correct it ASAP. Thanks for reporting!

• 👍
Reactions: Chris Freedom

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Should now be fixed in 1.001. Please re-download and re-compile. Please let me know how it works for you.