cuchu

Trader
Dec 29, 2022
Hi, I installed the EA on MT5. Cannot input values. Also, although compiled successfully, it won´t allow trade.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PS.png
    PS.png
    468.3 KB · Views: 4

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, I installed the EA on MT5. Cannot input values. Also, although compiled successfully, it won´t allow trade.
Thanks in advance.
You cannot change Entry price if you are on a market (Instant) order. Switch to Pending if you want to set a different Entry value.

'Won't trade' is rather vague. What does it say in the Experts tab of the Toolbox subwindow when you try to trade?

• 👍
Reactions: cuchu

malikn1

Trader
Nov 18, 2020
Hi Enivid

Hope you're doing great - Just started using the position Sizer EA again. Great tool but Couple of points. It may be a long shot but:-

- Possible to add in Trade buttons on the main tab? (example. Buy/Sell. Close Trade. B/E all these simple tasks added as a button on the main tab)
- Possible to improve the user interface to a slightly modern Theme

Thanks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
- Possible to add in Trade buttons on the main tab? (example. Buy/Sell. Close Trade. B/E all these simple tasks added as a button on the main tab)
Sorry, but I am not sure that it would be a good idea.
- Possible to improve the user interface to a slightly modern Theme
Could please you provide some examples?

malikn1

Trader
Nov 18, 2020
Sorry, but I am not sure that it would be a good idea.
Just curious to know - Any particular reason? There's loads of tools out there with these features. I believe the EA has the trade entry option but you have to go to a different tab to execute the action.

Could please you provide some examples?
I have attached a pic - Just a slightly modern theme looks more appealing (personal preference). Also smaller in size as it takes up less room on the charts especially on a smaller laptop screen.

Ta
N

Attachments

• SC.png
    SC.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 6

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Just curious to know - Any particular reason? There's loads of tools out there with these features. I believe the EA has the trade entry option but you have to go to a different tab to execute the action.
Yes, there is the Trading tab for that and also a hotkey.
I have attached a pic - Just a slightly modern theme looks more appealing (personal preference). Also smaller in size as it takes up less room on the charts especially on a smaller laptop screen.
I will see what can be done, but smaller size comes at a cost to panel fields being cut out. At the same time, you would want to add more buttons there. It's always matter of choice of what to prioritize there. I will consider your preference, but I have to consider preferences of all other users as well.

BMFX

Jan 12, 2023
Is there any chance to make TP1, TP2, TP3 same position size when total is 0.03 so I would like to have split TP1 0.01 lot, and TP2&3 same. Because right now if I put position size: 0.03 and have 3 Take profits positions for this trade only TP1 will take 0.03 and others will be 0.00 so no open trade.

I would like to have option share position size in equal. I understand there can be 1.2 lot so I will see TP1 0.42 lots
TP2 0.39 lots
TP3 0.39 lots

Where I would like to see

TP1 0.4
TP2 0.4
TP3 0.4

I hope you know what I mean.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is there any chance to make TP1, TP2, TP3 same position size when total is 0.03 so I would like to have split TP1 0.01 lot, and TP2&3 same. Because right now if I put position size: 0.03 and have 3 Take profits positions for this trade only TP1 will take 0.03 and others will be 0.00 so no open trade.

I would like to have option share position size in equal. I understand there can be 1.2 lot so I will see TP1 0.42 lots
TP2 0.39 lots
TP3 0.39 lots

Where I would like to see

TP1 0.4
TP2 0.4
TP3 0.4

I hope you know what I mean.
Does that happen when you set the shares to 3 x 33%?

r3d8u11

Trader
Jan 26, 2023
Without set sl ı cannot put orders for "short" ,when ı put "0" value for sl "short" order turn to "long".Any solution fot it.But versa "long" order is ok when stop loss value is "0".

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Without set sl ı cannot put orders for "short" ,when ı put "0" value for sl "short" order turn to "long".Any solution fot it.But versa "long" order is ok when stop loss value is "0".
There is currently a bug in the Position Sizer that permits Position Size calculation and trading for Long positions. It will be fixed in the next version. It won't allow either calculation or trading when SL = 0. If you really need to open an order without stop-loss, you can do so by ticking the "Do not apply stop-loss" checkbox on the Trading tab of the panel.

• 👍
  • ℹ️
Reactions: EnrichWave and r3d8u11

cxskate

Trader
Aug 12, 2022
Maybe make a new EA for more sleek trading? Scalping.. I never use half the main window and even less of the other tabs.. Here's my requests though:
account for spread
take partials from a single trade (set lines and/or button click for close partial)
partial stop losses
more narrow interface
calculate or see TP targets by dollar value instead of percentage of rewards

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
There is currently a bug in the Position Sizer that permits Position Size calculation and trading for Long positions. It will be fixed in the next version. It won't allow either calculation or trading when SL = 0. If you really need to open an order without stop-loss, you can do so by ticking the "Do not apply stop-loss" checkbox on the Trading tab of the panel.
I have Idea because of this issue. Kindly make an option Dont' place orders without SL True,false. It'll be helpful

mahday12

Trader
Dec 8, 2020
I hope in the future there will be a shortcut key to show/hide the lines and labels of profit/loss. However, in my opinion, this EA is one of the best tools on Meta Trader world. thanks earn forex !

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Maybe make a new EA for more sleek trading? Scalping.. I never use half the main window and even less of the other tabs.. Here's my requests though:
account for spread
take partials from a single trade (set lines and/or button click for close partial)
partial stop losses
more narrow interface
calculate or see TP targets by dollar value instead of percentage of rewards
I cannot promise a separate EA, but I hope I can make this one comfortable for scalpers as well.
What exactly do you mean by accounting for spread?
Partials are currently possible with the use of multiple TPs.
What exactly do you mean by a narrower interface? It's not particularly wide. Besides, it can be used in a minimized state.
You can see the TP targets in dollar values by turning on the additional TP labels via the input parameters.
I have Idea because of this issue. Kindly make an option Dont' place orders without SL True,false. It'll be helpful
I think it's best to fix the bug, so it won't open a trade when SL = Entry.
I hope in the future there will be a shortcut key to show/hide the lines and labels of profit/loss. However, in my opinion, this EA is one of the best tools on Meta Trader world. thanks earn forex !
OK, I will consider adding such a shortcut key.

• 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave

cxskate

Trader
Aug 12, 2022
Account for spread would add the additional spread buffer to your long trade entry price and short trade stop loss! I think that's the only important idea I really had.. I'd like to see an option to add a custom automatic buffer to the stop loss as well (before the spread buffer was added for the shorts)