Please help me add Alerts to an Indicator

Edushizo

Jul 27, 2022
Hi, please can some help add alerts to this indicator. I need to get an alert when cloud color starts.
Thanks.

Attachments

• trend-trigger-factor-of-averages.ex5
    16.1 KB · Views: 5

Edushizo

Jul 27, 2022
One needs an .mq5 file to modify the code. An .ex5 file doesn't work for that.
I have attached .mq5 file
Thanks.

One needs an .mq5 file to modify the code. An .ex5 file doesn't work for that.
I attached the correct file, kindly please help add alert on this indicator when the cloud starts to form.
the indicator doesn't repaint

Attachments

• trend-trigger-factor-of-averages.mq5
    10.8 KB · Views: 6

Jajaofopobo

Trader
Sep 6, 2021
i tried adding alert with my little knowledge on mql4 but it was hanging. kindly help

Attachments

• stochastic-signals.mq4
    4 KB · Views: 2

Kenyan Trader

Trader
Feb 28, 2022
heaven na sio wa bahati
Hello good people, can someone kindly help with adding alert on this indicator when a buy/sell signal appears, it's two zigzags with different periods. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Boa_ZigZag_Arrows_Duplex.mq5
    21.7 KB · Views: 5

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I used the free resource on adding alerts on the forum and it is just giving Up alerts only. Dont know what is wrong
It looks like it isn't emptying the buffers properly. I think adding something like ExtMapBuffer5[i+SignalHP]=0 and the same for the ExtMapBuffer6[i+SignalHP] at the beginning of the cycle could help.

bhaktam867

Trader
Apr 1, 2023
Can anyone add alert to this indicator whenever a new buy sell arrow is generated ... sound alert and pop up alerts

Attachments

• Reverse No Repair.mq5
    3.7 KB · Views: 10

Dan13

Mar 24, 2024
I have written a tutorial on how to add alerts (including email alerts) to indicators for people who do not know how to code:
https://www.earnforex.com/blog/how-to-add-alerts-to-metatrader-indicators/

Perhaps, you could try implement this yourself.
Hi Enivid,

I really like your helpful tutorial on how to add alerts. However, somehow I don't manage to implement the signal alert correctly into the free Gap Finder MT5 to give a notification each time when a new gap occur symbolized by an arrow , up or down (indicator attached). I went through the points, figured out the indicator buffers for the arrows, the added the input part, then added the alert conditions and changed the two paramenters because the buffer arrays are set as series. I got no error from compiling the code. But unfortunately I get alert notification every time when a new candel starts and not when the next arrow is shown for a gap. Can you please guide me to find the error and correct the signal alert to provide notifications for each new gap that is comming up?

Best wishes,
Dan

Attachments

• GapFinder with own alert.mq5
    23.3 KB · Views: 1

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid,

I really like your helpful tutorial on how to add alerts. However, somehow I don't manage to implement the signal alert correctly into the free Gap Finder MT5 to give a notification each time when a new gap occur symbolized by an arrow , up or down (indicator attached). I went through the points, figured out the indicator buffers for the arrows, the added the input part, then added the alert conditions and changed the two paramenters because the buffer arrays are set as series. I got no error from compiling the code. But unfortunately I get alert notification every time when a new candel starts and not when the next arrow is shown for a gap. Can you please guide me to find the error and correct the signal alert to provide notifications for each new gap that is comming up?

Best wishes,
Dan
You need to check the buffer values against EMPTY_VALUE instead of zero. The indicator uses EMPTY_VALUE for candles without arrows.

Dan13

Mar 24, 2024
You need to check the buffer values against EMPTY_VALUE instead of zero. The indicator uses EMPTY_VALUE for candles without arrows.
Hi Enivid, thank you for your great help and guidance, it works! This way I was able to figure out the last part myself, how exactly and where I need to add EMPTY_VALUE - which feels better than just geting the complete solution :)
Alle the best!

• 🚀
Reactions: Enivid