Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello @Enivid ,

First of all, I must say Market Profile is such a wonderful indicator, and thank very much for your time and efforts to make this available for everyone.

Btw, I have a little glitch in my application. When I apply the indicator on a synthetic instrument, which is a flipped dollar index on MT5, the histogram shows in a strange way. Please refer to screenshot. [ To flipp the instrument, I go to symbol/custom/create custom symbol and add a minus sign in the formula in order to create the flipped effect (upside down). ] I wonder if this can be adjust with not too much effort.

Best regards,

View attachment 24212
Does it persist if you decrease the value of the Digits property to 3 in the Symbol's specification?

slowpork

Trader
Jun 13, 2023
Does it persist if you decrease the value of the Digits property to 3 in the Symbol's specification?
Thank you for your reply. I try 2, 3, and 4 digits, and it's all the same. When chart is flipped, the x-axis has minus values with lowest price on top and highest price at bottom, I'm not sure if that effects indicator's calculation.

Attachments

• flipchart.PNG
    flipchart.PNG
    166.6 KB · Views: 5

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you for your reply. I try 2, 3, and 4 digits, and it's all the same. When chart is flipped, the x-axis has minus values with lowest price on top and highest price at bottom, I'm not sure if that effects indicator's calculation.
OK. Did you try instead of the making the value negative, flip it by taking a reciprocal: 1/"USD Basket"?

slowpork

Trader
Jun 13, 2023
OK. Did you try instead of the making the value negative, flip it by taking a reciprocal: 1/"USD Basket"?
oh nice. I tried that couple days ago and you made me try it again, and it works! Last time I tried 1/"USD Basket" gave blank chart, and I realize now it gave too small number, I have to do 1000000/"USD Basket" instead. Only there are some minor differences in pin bar or in histogram, and y-axis shows only 2 digits (the 3rd digit is always 0) probably because of the calculation. I guess if minus "USD Basket" works, it would be better, anyway this will serve me fine for now. You just made me a happy camper, thanks again Enivid!

Attachments

• flipchart2.PNG
    flipchart2.PNG
    86.6 KB · Views: 5

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
oh nice. I tried that couple days ago and you made me try it again, and it works! Last time I tried 1/"USD Basket" gave blank chart, and I realize now it gave too small number, I have to do 1000000/"USD Basket" instead. Only there are some minor differences in pin bar or in histogram, and y-axis shows only 2 digits (the 3rd digit is always 0) probably because of the calculation. I guess if minus "USD Basket" works, it would be better, anyway this will serve me fine for now. You just made me a happy camper, thanks again Enivid!
I've just tested the issue and it appears that you can use the negative inversion with Market Profile if you set the PointMultiplier input parameter to 1 (from 0).

• 👍
Reactions: slowpork

boa_conflictor

Master Trader
Aug 5, 2016
When using the market profile - with MT5 - in rectangle mode, when deleting the market profile from the chart the MPR0 rectangle stays on the chart.

Is this intended?

Attachments

• mp1.png
    mp1.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 3
  • mp2.png
    mp2.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 3

boa_conflictor

Master Trader
Aug 5, 2016
At times when adding market profile in rectangle mode MT5 freezes and i have to restart. Also did see a message in experts tab about this

Attachments

• mp_slow.png
    mp_slow.png
    130.8 KB · Views: 3

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
When using the market profile - with MT5 - in rectangle mode, when deleting the market profile from the chart the MPR0 rectangle stays on the chart.

Is this intended?
Yes, it is intended. Because a trader could create those rectangles on their own even before adding the indicator to the chart.
At times when adding market profile in rectangle mode MT5 freezes and i have to restart. Also did see a message in experts tab about this
Yes, that can happen due the number of chart objects. I'd recommend increasing the PointMultiplier input parameter and even setting some ThrottleRedraw.

boa_conflictor

Master Trader
Aug 5, 2016
Yes, it is intended. Because a trader could create those rectangles on their own even before adding the indicator to the chart.

Yes, that can happen due the number of chart objects. I'd recommend increasing the PointMultiplier input parameter and even setting some ThrottleRedraw.
Ok, understand, thanks!

YukuriMatt

Trader
Apr 17, 2024
Market Profile Indicator Issue - Additional session appearing

Thanks for the indicator. Was using it on MT4 and now just finished setting it up on cTrader but having one problem. Using it in Intraday mode with only one session (08:00-16:30). However, getting an extra session appearing for today. It's the middle session showing in the attached screenshot. Any ideas how to resolve? Many thanks.

Attachments

• MarketProfileIssue.jpg
    MarketProfileIssue.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 2

YukuriMatt

Trader
Apr 17, 2024

Thanks for the indicator. Was using it on MT4 and now just finished setting it up on cTrader but having one problem. Using it in Intraday mode with only one session (08:00-16:30). However, getting an extra session appearing for today. It's the middle session showing in the attached screenshot. Any ideas how to resolve? Many thanks.
And getting a similar issue when using it in the weekly mode - namely, an additional and unwanted session appearing

Attachments

• MarketProfileIssue_Weekly.jpg
    MarketProfileIssue_Weekly.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 2

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

And getting a similar issue when using it in the weekly mode - namely, an additional and unwanted session appearing
Thanks for reporting! I will look into this.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

Could you please save your input parameters into an .indiset file, so I could test this issue?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

You can try this version and let me know if it fixes the issue for you.

Attachments

• MarketProfile.algo
    26.5 KB · Views: 0