Error 146 ("Trade context busy") is due to Broker Server Side or MT4 Client Side?

shanmugapradeep

Active Trader
Dec 18, 2020
Hello,

I am using an EA attached to 4 currency pairs in one MT4 client. I frequently encounter an error "Trade context busy." My question is, is this error due to my computer hardware resource issue (RAM/CPU), Metatrader 4 application-related issue, or Forex broker server-side issue?

If this is a Metatrader 4 client-side issue, and I open 4 MT4 applications on my computer and run 1 pair in each for the same trading account, will this issue be fixed?

Thank you.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Switching to multiple instances of the MT4 client should help with the "Trade context busy" error because, it's a client-side issue. It's also good idea to implement some code in your EAs to handle the busy context situations.

shanmugapradeep

Active Trader
Dec 18, 2020
Switching to multiple instances of the MT4 client should help with the "Trade context busy" error because, it's a client-side issue. It's also good idea to implement some code in your EAs to handle the busy context situations.
If i change my EA from MQL4 to MQL5.

MT5 Support Multi threading and task? or it have same issue like MT4?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I asked same question in MQL5 forum to be clear and it super confusing now.

View attachment 27837

This person says, MT4 has only 1 trade contexts and comments are not correct.
Frankly, the person's answer reads like a ChatGPT-generated text. Could you please share a link to this thread?

• ℹ️
Reactions: shanmugapradeep