Bet Size Calculator

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Click for link to Calculator

Please do not confuse this calculator for spread betting position size with spot Forex position size calculator

— a FREE tool that lets you calculate the size of the bet in pounds per point to manage your risks accurately. Spread bet size does not depend on the currency pair you trade or even your account currency, so it is pretty straightforward.

This calculator can work with any trading instrument offered by your spread betting broker. Make sure you are entering correct stop-loss amount in your broker's points. The calculator form uses pounds, but the results are accurate even if your account currency is not in GBP for some reason.

It is very important to know the amount you are risking before engaging into a trade. It is the only way to follow a money management strategy. It is a good routine to perform before placing your bets. Professional traders always control the amount they might lose in a given spread betting position.

You might also find our Fibonacci calculator useful. You can quickly calculate optimum stop-loss and take-profit levels based on the recent trend extrema.

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Traders want to know how much they MIGHT lose and consequently need a bigger account and place smaller trades.

Spreadbetters on the other hand want the best odds of a win then place the maximum size bet their margin will permit.

Trader . . . "I made 4% on my account today and I am pleased with myself" :)

Spreadbetter . . . "Big deal - I made 95% on ONE trade" (DAX 2016.04.22 12.02 > 2016.04.22 13.31)

£100 bet it could have been £9,500 for 1½ hrs work . . . TAX FREE !

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
As a general rule of thumb I place my initial SL around 10 pips (2 bricks) and trail it Spread + 5 (1 + 5 = 6 DAX)

The Magenta line is supposed to give me my Entry and Exit (white arrow) . . . work in progress although my coder has deserted :( H'mmm was it something I said ?

This is the video I watched that set the wheels in motion for me to create my own EA . . . got as far as the indicator

The Magenta # arrow shows me where to place my SL

The Red/Green # arrow shows me my pre set TP level - currently set for 20 pips

I then place and manage my bet using MT4 one click trading

Because it is still not finished I have to drag the SL as i trail the market which is the Magenta line +/- my chosen buffer.