Worst time to trade Forex

Discussion in 'General Forex Discussion' started by SweetPrincess, Jun 15, 2017.

1. SweetPrincess

SweetPrincess Trader

In Forex trading, there are times when you can trade to make profit and when you can incur losses. Based on my own experience, the worst period to trade is during festival period when people are going to Christmas holidays. Banks are usually close during this period. What do you think?

Kazi Faysal likes this.
  2. Michelle Yeoh

Michelle Yeoh Trader

I think so, I have also similar experience on Charismas Holiday! On the other hand, I don’t like to trade in during last 2 hours of Friday!

3. Alexfx79

Alexfx79 Active Trader

Holidays, news, everything that makes the price non-volatile or chaotic.

4. ashouq

ashouq Trader

Worst time in my opinion is when we are mentally occupied or under stressed because at that moment even a good trade ended up bad i guess. I also avoid trading when i am under high pressure and usually avoid trading when the markets become highly unpredicted.

5. lenon

lenon Master Trader

It depends on your trading style. If you keep one deal open for several weeks, you won't even notice anything=)

6. ashouq

ashouq Trader

Yes but it would hurts when you open trade in a bad mood which goes wrong and even after several weeks you keep waiting for it to reach the break even.

7. kolman

kolman Trader

The worst time to trade is in the run-up to important fundamental news

8. Ronald Kuper

Ronald Kuper Trader

Yep, this is so bad time for me too. Christmas is too difficult for trading due to a low liquidity on the market. Every year I have a vacation on this period:)

9. James Williams

James Williams Newbie

There is no such thing. Trading time depends on the traders. Every trader has his own specific trading game plan. For me I for the most part trade in New York time session. I find this session more liquid than various sessions. Usually I follow my checklists and start to see the charts. If I find any set up I open the trade. If i don't find any set up according to my strategy and trading plan, I do not open any trade for that day.

10. kolman

kolman Trader

It's quite right. One should trade only according to trading plan

11. Nicolas Sanz

Nicolas Sanz Trader

I think this is the time when you do not understand what's going on. When you're tired and you do not think soberly. When emotions take possession of you.

12. JohnyIve

JohnyIve Trader

Your position might be correct, but rather it's just an emotion. Professional trade always keep their mind free and trade without any emotions.