Why is swing trading in forex popular?

forexanbu03

Banned
Jul 3, 2020
Swing trading in Forex is a form of quick trading performed by investors aiming to maximize profits and minimize risks by making strategic trades that last from 3 to 30 days. This is a very popular style of trading among investors and day traders across the globe. Swing trading depends on short-term variations in the market, forcing traders to react to the changes in a rapid manner. This form of trading depends more on stress price patterns than actual value.
As a trader, you do not wait for currency prices to hit either high or bottom, but wait for short term fluctuations in the market. Swing trading is highly favored by day traders, rather than by large financial establishments or brokerage houses. Swing trading is most profitable when markets are stable.
Advantages of Swing Trading in Forex
The reason for swing trading in Forex being popular is the many advantages it offers over other conventional forms of trading, like buy-and-hold investing and position trading. The returns tend to be higher for an average trader. You can, for instance, trade for a short while and pay your monthly bills. Swing trading is, however, subject to market fluctuations and conditions. Like all forms of trading, swing trading is susceptible to lean phases.
When executed properly, you will experience less risk as compared to other methodologies. Unlike conventional investors whose fortunes are tied to bulls and bears, swing traders are free to exit losing trades and step out. There is an exit strategy for swing traders. Another strategy for a swing trader is to short the market even when the market suffers a slowdown.
Swing traders can have a flexible schedule unlike most day traders. All you need is to do some market research after work, and place new trades the next morning when the markets open. This style of trading offers more attractive returns due to its less labor-intensive requirements. You also need not worry about:
Scrutinizing financial statements like most investors
Monitoring market crests and troughs like position traders
See your profits vaporize before your eyes due to unfavorable market conditions
Using complicated systems like other traders
Swing trading is popular because of the flexibility it offers. In short, swing trading gives you the highest returns in the least amount of time.

• 👍
Reactions: sharabela

Day

Trader
Jul 25, 2020
I can agree with you that swing trading is easy to learn, and you can trade it every day, so you dont have to wait to see your profits. But, I think that trading on fundamentals can bring you the best returns in a short period of time.

Zeenat shein

Banned
Apr 11, 2020
Swing trading strategies employ fundamental or technical analysis in order to determine whether or not a particular currency pair might go up or down in price in the near future. Swing trading attempts to identify “swings” within a medium-term trend and enter only when there seems to be a high probability of winning.

hk_09

Banned
Oct 30, 2020
Swing trader gives those traders a space to breathe, for whom day trading isn't a comfortable style while they trade. A trader got sufficient time to monitor the market, to make his move, but yes the having the right kind of strategy and knowledge is necessary, no matter what is the trading style.

forexking

Feb 15, 2021
Swing trading is popular and profitable both because it is a long term trading style and traders do not have to sit and watch the market all day unlike day trading.

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
Swing trader gives those traders a space to breathe, for whom day trading isn't a comfortable style while they trade. A trader got sufficient time to monitor the market, to make his move, but yes the having the right kind of strategy and knowledge is necessary, no matter what is the trading style.
I agree, also if you swing trade, you don't have to make a choice between intraday trading and long-term investment.

vicjon1995

Active Trader
Sep 29, 2020
Swing trading is great for traders who don’t want to be glued to the system for the whole day. It is a lot less stressful also.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Oddly enough I think it is swing trading that requires a lot of attention, actually. A long-term position can be largely left alone without constant supervision, the shorter term nature of a swing trade requires a lot more attention than that.

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
Oddly enough I think it is swing trading that requires a lot of attention, actually. A long-term position can be largely left alone without constant supervision, the shorter term nature of a swing trade requires a lot more attention than that.
You're right in that it requires more attention than long-term positions, but it still requires less than day trading. Plus setting stop loss and take profit orders can take some of the burden off your shoulders.

• 👍
Reactions: e_abrams

Jürgen

Banned
Jan 14, 2021
Compared to other trading style swing trading offer a better chance of building the percentage returns even if the account grows up to a certain point.

Apr 25, 2021
Because you are getting in before big momentum shifts in the market.

Let the greater financial market waves carry your trade and do all the work.

Why I trade probabilities within weekly zones for the 60% H/L ranges.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Different people have different preferences, if it works for them, it doesn't really matter, I think.

RaviTeja

Banned
May 31, 2021
It is popular because it is easy to learn, and many traders that use swing trading use it every day so that they do not have to wait to see their profits.

May 29, 2021
Swing trading makes it possible to profit from rising prices during a bull market and falling prices during a bear market. Swing trading doesn’t lock you into any particular market and I feel this is the best part.

• 👍
Reactions: fxplayer

fxplayer

May 27, 2021
Swing trading makes it possible to profit from rising prices during a bull market and falling prices during a bear market. Swing trading doesn’t lock you into any particular market and I feel this is the best part.
Yeah right buddy!
Swing trading allows you the freedom of dipping in and out of the market without too much fuss, so you can identify more trading opportunities.