why do traders change their methods?

OscarR

Trader
Apr 20, 2023
I see a lot of people who have been in the market for a long time, they know a lot of trading methods and many of them are pretty good.

But it's odd that they continue to change the approach they take—it's old-fashioned, no, it's because they never pursue any approach all the way to the conclusion; instead, they simply want to experiment and discover more because they constantly question their own current approach.

And I think they won't change and won't be able to be stopped for all time.
How do you feel?

ArnavDeshmukh

May 27, 2023
They succeeded because they understood, as a result of extensive research and inquiry, that they need constantly be updated and try out new strategies.

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
I see a lot of people who have been in the market for a long time, they know a lot of trading methods and many of them are pretty good.

But it's odd that they continue to change the approach they take—it's old-fashioned, no, it's because they never pursue any approach all the way to the conclusion; instead, they simply want to experiment and discover more because they constantly question their own current approach.

How do you feel?
Well, I think that's a good thing – to be flexible and always eager to stay up to date. That is the reason why they are successful. They adapt to changes in the market, which allows them to consistently make profits.

Lee-me

Trader
Apr 24, 2023

How do you feel?
Well a strategy works now but maybe doesn't tomorrow and if it doesn't work it means it's not profitable. you know what I mean? So, if you want to keep making profits you have to adjust your approaches with the market.

Haruto

Trader
Oct 26, 2022
Changing trading methods is appreciable because with the economy facing inflation-alike problems, the market structure and condition is changing. I don’t think it’s odd.

thomas_novak

Banned
May 1, 2023

How do you feel?
Oh man, I totally get what you're saying! It's pretty wild how those experienced traders keep switching up their approaches. But you know what? I think it's because they're like perpetual adventurers in the trading world

Ara

Trader
Apr 24, 2023
For me, the reason would be finding a better strategy, even if the previous one is perfect.

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
For me, the reason would be finding a better strategy, even if the previous one is perfect.
No strategy is perfect. They simply change the strategy, because the market has changed and the previous strategy doesn't work anymore.

Mar 11, 2023
Scotland
My first year in trading I was guilty of this, chopping and changing all the time. The reason I was doing it is because I couldn't work out what strategy worked best for me, and took a bit of time to settle on the best fit.

Unless you have a change of circumstances, I don't see why you should be moving from a profitable strategy when you have been successfully trading it for a long period of time.

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
My first year in trading I was guilty of this, chopping and changing all the time. The reason I was doing it is because I couldn't work out what strategy worked best for me, and took a bit of time to settle on the best fit.

Unless you have a change of circumstances, I don't see why you should be moving from a profitable strategy when you have been successfully trading it for a long period of time.
The point is not to abandon a profitable strategy, the point is change your strategy befor it become useless.

Chadpowell

Trader
Apr 8, 2023
New York
I think sometimes it is necessary to change it! You can't always stick to one and never change your self and strategy!
It is a common quote that they say to stick to your plan, but I guess if you are always losing you need to change it a little :)

May 13, 2023
Traders may change their methods as a result of market conditions. The market is constantly changing, and traders may need to adjust their strategies to adapt to new conditions.