Which trading platform is better?

thomas_novak

Banned
May 1, 2023
As someone who prefers MT5, I believe that it is a superior trading platform compared to MT4. MT5 offers several advantages, including improved charting capabilities, more advanced order types, and support for a wider range of assets, such as stocks and commodities.

One of the key benefits of MT5 is the addition of the Depth of Market feature, which provides traders with a view of market liquidity and allows for more precise order execution. Additionally, MT5's built-in economic calendar and news feed make it easier to stay up-to-date with market events and make informed trading decisions.

While MT4 is still widely used and has a large user base, I believe that MT5 is the future of forex trading. Its advanced features and broader range of asset classes make it a powerful tool for traders looking to expand their portfolios and maximize their profits. Overall, I highly recommend giving MT5 a try and experiencing the benefits for yourself.

Lee-me

Trader
Apr 24, 2023
It depends. MT5 is better than MT4 in many regards, but there problems in MT5 too. First, it doesn't support many of the tools developed for MT4. Second, it lags a lot when working with many chart objects.
Thank you for sharing. It's good to know these stuff. I also have a question, in the case of security which one perform better?

Amy4

Trader
Mar 15, 2023
According to your experience, which trading platform is better? MT4 or MT5?
The choice between MT4 and MT5 ultimately depends on the trader's preferences and needs. If you are a forex trader who is primarily focused on currency trading, then MT4 may be the better option for you. If you trade a range of asset classes or require advanced charting tools, then MT5 may be more suitable.

• 👍
Reactions: Lee-me

Chadpowell

Trader
Apr 8, 2023
New York
I prefer MT4 and am still working with that. I tried MT5 but it was not that good, some brokers offer good trading platforms too.
If you are lucky enough to have a broker that has its own (and useful) trading platform, you can replace it with MT4, But do not try MT5 at all ;)

• 👍
Reactions: Lee-me and Oli_jackson

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
I prefer MT4 and am still working with that. I tried MT5 but it was not that good, some brokers offer good trading platforms too.
If you are lucky enough to have a broker that has its own (and useful) trading platform, you can replace it with MT4, But do not try MT5 at all ;)
I like MT4 and will continue to use it too. Because I am a forex trader who is primarily interested in currency trading, MT4 is a superior choice.