Candle Wicks Length Display

ngorst

Trader
Jan 6, 2011
Hello,

I am just trying to find a simple EA that will email me when a CANDLE close with a WICK greater than a specified number of pips.

Anyone know where i can find this?

ngorst

Trader
Jan 6, 2011
which wick...

It would send an email when EITHER to upper or lower wick exceeds a specified amount of pips

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I've coded the indicators you wanted for both MT4 and MT5. Please, see the attachments and let me know if anythings should be changed. BTW, it should be indicator, not EA, since it doesn't trade.

Thread renamed to fit the content and moved to Indicators subforum.

Attachments

• CandleWicks.mq4
    2.8 KB · Views: 110
  • CandleWicks.mq5
    3.2 KB · Views: 40

felipefxr

Trader
May 7, 2011
I've coded the indicators you wanted for both MT4 and MT5. Please, see the attachments and let me know if anythings should be changed. BTW, it should be indicator, not EA, since it doesn't trade.

Thread renamed to fit the content and moved to Indicators subforum.

Enivid! I was checking out your indicator and I was wondering if there is a way to modify it a bit. Is there a way to put an arrow up/down for the wicks that are x amount of pips.

Basically the indicator would only put an arrow once the candle has been closed and if it was x amount of pips (determined on input by user). And for back-testing, if the indicator could put all arrows in the chart even those candles that already have passed? So when you scroll back into the past you would be able to see the arrows?

Maybe it's asking too much but I believe we would all benefit from it

Thanks so much! :)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Anyway, I've decided to go with plain numbers displayed in different colors. See the attachments. Indicator is available for MT4 and MT5 and it adds functionality to the previous. Display can be turned off by setting the DisplayWickLimit to something ridiculously high. This limit is given in "normal" pips, not fractional and doesn't depend on your broker.

Attachments

• CandleWicksDisplay.mq4
    5.6 KB · Views: 95
  • CandleWicksDisplay.mq5
    6.5 KB · Views: 40

manuno

Trader
Feb 16, 2012
Hola , busco un indicador , HLC bars , only High,low and close, only bars , not candlestick, , i dont now how to doe for a mesage in the forum, please help, thanks.

• 👍
Reactions: Madsebs
D

Deleted member 76226

I have a suggestion for this indicator. Do a function that shows the wick average of the pair. If I set to 50 candles, it will sum the percentage of each candle and divide by 50, then showing the wick average as a final result. It will be very very very helpful for binary options.

Like this indicator (paid):
Forex-Pct-Retraction-MT4-Indicator.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have a suggestion for this indicator. Do a function that shows the wick average of the pair. If I set to 50 candles, it will sum the percentage of each candle and divide by 50, then showing the wick average as a final result. It will be very very very helpful for binary options.

Like this indicator (paid):
View attachment 18799
Thanks! I will consider adding this in the next version of the Candle Wicks Length Display indicator.

• 👍
Reactions: Deleted member 76226

Jajaofopobo

Trader
Sep 6, 2021
Discuss Candle Wicks Length Display indicator (displays lengths of candlestick wicks directly on the chart if they exceed a given limit) for MT4 and MT5 in this thread. You can ask any questions about this indicator here.
Can you please do a lower limit

E.g displays just 0 wicks (wickless candle display).. or displays wicks lower than "5" instead of higher than "5" when you input 5

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Phillybanking

Trader
Aug 22, 2022
When mine desired wick limit reach the indicator doesn’t trigger alert, please can you add arrow up and arrow down close to the digit on the chart? Telegram @philbanking
Post automatically merged:

Will see what I can do. So, you want both arrows and numbers displayed? Or differently colored numbers would be enough?
Yes

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
When mine desired wick limit reach the indicator doesn’t trigger alert, please can you add arrow up and arrow down close to the digit on the chart?
Please make sure you turned on the alerts and that you set the Upper/Lower Wick Limit parameters accordingly - the alert ones are different from the display ones. As for the arrows, I don't think it's a good idea.