What you need to know about CFD Trading

Genehog

Active Trader
Nov 14, 2009
www.ilikewebsites.com
WHAT ARE CFDs?

A contract for difference (also known as CFD) is a contract between two parties: buyer and seller, specifying that the seller will pay to the buyer the difference between the current value of an asset and its value at contract time.

However, if the difference happens to be a negative one, then the buyer pays to the seller instead. For example, when applied to equities, this kind of contract is an equity derivative that allows investors to speculate on share price movements, without the need for ownership of the underlying shares.

CFDs give investors the chance to take long or short positions. CFDs have no fixed expiry date or contract size, unlike futures contracts,. Trades are conducted on a leveraged basis with margins typically ranging from 1% to 20% of the notional value for CFDs on leading equities...

Read more here: Currency Trading Online

regards,

Gene

Pinalli

Master Trader
Jan 31, 2009
Thanks for the source....

I feel CFDs are risky because many traders enter this market with lack of product knowledge and investor understanding. But in actual fact CFDs themselves are not risky. They are just a financial product that you are able to trade and trade in any manner that you like. For example if you wanted to you could trade CFDs into a very risky fashion where you leverage your account to the maximum ensuring that you wins are huge and your losses are equally as large.

anna575

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2010
Hello

Thanks for the nice information. I think a CFD is a financial instrument linked to the underlying share price. I know it is risky but some of the traders interested in it. :p

bentleywatson

Trader
May 11, 2011
Awesome!CFD trading is the safest investing way.There is no need to purchase physical product.There is only a paper base agreement between seller and buyer with some terms and condition.
Main benefits are:
liquidity
No Expiry Date
Try to avoid excessive leverage to save from loss

EarlCCameron

Trader
Dec 7, 2013
Been their for CFD trading in my past trading business and it works for me using the complete guides for my bitcoin trading business. with all the used of the Forex review journal, I was able to handle my business and I am able to ran it very well.

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
CFD trading is a good alternative to forex trading. But it depends on your broker also that what CFD products they are offering. My broker Exness offers alot of CFD instruments which makes all options available on the table.

alexflemj

Active Trader
Nov 9, 2011
Would you care to explain how CFD quotes are calculated. They track the price of the underlying assets right? But what you actually buy is the right to profit/loss from the price movement.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Thank you very much for your info but I think new traders should avoid the CFDs, until they are profitable in Forex currencies! I actually avoid CFDs because of high trading spreads! Till now I trade on major Forex currencies.