What is your risk profile and why?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
A lot of newbies often totally ignore this part of forex trading and I decided to start this thread to maybe remind a few newcomers to take a moment and think about risk management.

I use 3% per trade as I am confident in my trading strategy and it allows me to operate my forex account with the risk exposure I like. I do not have more than 5 positions open at the same time and while my max exposure could be 15% and is rather high I have been able to slowly increase this from my initial 1% and no more then 3 trades as I fine tuned my trading strategy and achieved consistent results.

bablogfx

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Oct 24, 2013
I can open only two positions simultaneously and trade no more than 2% from my deposit.

globalfx

Trader
Feb 24, 2014
I only open one position at a time in short term trades. Sometimes, when the analysis is 70% accurate, I might decide to leave two position for as long as possible, depending on my analysis. Overall, I don't risk more than 5% of my equity.

alexis

Trader
May 8, 2014
I only open one position at a time in short term trades. Sometimes, when the analysis is 70% accurate, I might decide to leave two position for as long as possible, depending on my analysis. Overall, I don't risk more than 5% of my equity.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
I trade only three or four positions at a time and risk no more than 2% or 2.5%. Given my PL I suppose I could increase it up a little more but that's for later..