What is the point of taking hundreds or even thousands of trades by month ?

Vestaforex

Trader
Jun 21, 2011
I am one of those traders who don’t like very short term! My limit is always at 200 PIPs and my stop at 100 PIPs.

I want to ask you a question:
What is the point of taking hundreds or even thousands of trades by month when you can make the same profits with more or less 10 trades? (Knowing that the more you trade the more you pay spread)

So is it better to take only 10 trades a month with for example EUR/USD and paying only (15 pips of spread, based on a 1.5 pip spread) or taking 200 short term trades a month and paying 300 pips of spread!? I think that for your broker the second choice is the good one…!

1only

Trader
Jul 1, 2011
www.1onlyforex.com
Can I say because my SL is 15 pips, I don't understand 100 pips SL? It's about different trading system and style as long as they are profitable in the long run.

expertreview

Trader
Jul 3, 2011
Short term traders always capture more profit if they are good in trading. Long term trading style is more reliable and less risky thus less rewarded. Most of the professional traders like longterm trading because long term of market is predictable to some extent. Actually it mostly depends on your knowledge and experience.

I also prefer longterm trading style but short term has its own benefits which cannot be denied.