Generalized Forex Forecast for 2-6 February 2015
Generalizing in a table the opinions of 35 analysts from world leading banks and broker companies as well as forecasts based on different methods of technical and graphical analysis, the following can be expected:
- EUR/USD will continue its downward tendency to the 1.1100 mark, although the opinions of analysts were divided almost equally: a third predict growth for the pair, a third – its fall and a third – a sideways trend;
- the situation with GBP/USD is similar while bearish tendencies look more convincing in this case;
- there is no consensus about the USD/JPY pair this week either among analysts or among indicators, something that happens very rarely. Here the choice is between a sideways movement and the pair’s long-time tendency towards the range of 119.00-121.00, which it is very likely to reach after all;
- both analysts and indicators predict USD/CHF to return to the level of last autumn, with strong volatility too, intraday fluctuations reaching 150 and even 200 points.
As for the last week’s forecast:
- we predicted EUR/USD to fall to 1.1100 and possibly go up to 1.1380-1.1460. It did happen, just in the reverse order – first the pair slipped down to the 1.1094 mark, rebounded to 1.1420, then calmed down and entered a sideways trend with the upper boundary of 1.1380;
- as predicted for the start of the week, GBP/USD rebounded upwards and way more than expected. As a result, another attempt by the pair to fall to the low of 1.4900 failed and the pair was thrown off to the level of the beginning of the week – 1.4986;
- as anticipated, the USD/JPY pair tried to reach its nearest target of 119.00 but weakened at the level of 118.66, took a break and entered a sideways trend;
- USD/CHF was set on partially winning back its Black Thursday losses – it rushed upwards and quickly achieved the predicted level of 0.9000, stayed there for three days and then dashed even higher, soaring up by almost 300 points and reaching the 0.9285 mark by Friday.
Roman Butko, NordFX