US Debt is getting more Expensive for the Taxpayer while the US digs itself in deeper

Pinalli

Master Trader
Jan 31, 2009
News came out yesterday that shows the US Treasury Bonds yields are going up at a record pace. Well, these yields are not fixed and are set on an open market based on demand - the more demand, the less the yield and vice versa.

For the US taxpayer, it means that the price of funding their enormous debt (11 Trillion Dollar) is becoming more expensive (a lot more…) and if the trend continues, it will inevitably have a stark impact on the value of the dollar.

Read more at my forex blog :)

Pinalli

Master Trader
Jan 31, 2009
I have spent so much time talking about the US and Europe lately, that I have almost neglected my favorite currency, the Aussie. So I will try to avoid ranking on Obama and Brown and Trichet, while I put a plug in for the down under dollar and go back to my love relationship with the potential this currency has.

The Australian employment report that came out overnight brought about another rise in Online Forex AUD Trading, almost across the board (The Yen had a strong day too). While the key change in employment payrolls was much better than most Forex Online traders expected at almost unchanged levels, the internal numbers could spell trouble.

What do you say buddies??