Types of Forex Brokers

Discussion in 'Forex Education' started by FX_loser, Jul 28, 2012.

1. FX_loser

FX_loser Trader

ECN, STP and dealing desk brokers. What are they ?

"it is not a simple black and white issue and there is no absolute advantage of the non-dealing desk brokers despite what many forex advising sites have to say about it.As far as the USA based companies are concerned, the accusation that dealing desk brokers manipulate the quotes is absolutely untrue"

2. nalu

nalu Confirmed ProfiForex Representative

There is possibility of dealing desk in manipulating quotes because you may not know where the prices are coming from or if they reflects actual prices from the broader market but with no dealing desk the situation is different.

3. triplet

triplet Active Trader

One important thing in forex is the execution .And you get a fair and straight execution from and ECN/STP broker. You hardly experience manipulation of post.

4. tolasforex

tolasforex Trader

I join with a good broker where the broker is no dealing desk (NDD) broker. Here I am secure for trading because execution is full automated by market. I trade with accent forex

5. koyl

koyl Trader

Many traders goes for stp/ecn broker because they are more reliable with execution of trades and fast execution

6. Binos

Binos Newbie

But what prevents trader to be that fast as the broker? Experience?

7. Ary Barroso

Ary Barroso Trader

Yes, ECN and STP are the most 3 popular types of Forex broker! But unfortunately, I have see, few market maker brokers also claiming that; they are ECN/STP type Forex broker! So, I think new traders need to select their trading broker by knowing the details.