Trading strategies

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
Hello everyone!

I was wondering to know what strategies people use for trading.
I would appreciate it if you share your experiences and knowledge with me.

Thank you!

• 👍
Reactions: OscarR

OscarR

Trader
Apr 20, 2023
Yo dude, I can say some I did:
Follow the trend of a stock or market using technical indicators.
Buy stocks gaining momentum and sell those losing it.
Buy undervalued stocks that have growth potential.
Hold stocks for a short period and make trades based on short-term price fluctuations.
i hope you found them useful.

• 👍
Reactions: Oli_jackson

Chadpowell

Trader
Apr 8, 2023
New York
Hello.
I suggest you to search for swing trading! In swing trading you have to capture short-term price movements in the market, typically using technical analysis to identify trends and patterns. But for using that you MUST be disciplined and be able to control your emotions!

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
Yo dude, I can say some I did:
Follow the trend of a stock or market using technical indicators.
Buy stocks gaining momentum and sell those losing it.
Buy undervalued stocks that have growth potential.
Hold stocks for a short period and make trades based on short-term price fluctuations.
i hope you found them useful.
Thanks for sharing mate. For sure I'll give it a try.
Post automatically merged:

Hello.
I suggest you to search for swing trading! In swing trading you have to capture short-term price movements in the market, typically using technical analysis to identify trends and patterns. But for using that you MUST be disciplined and be able to control your emotions!
Yeah, I've heard about swing trading. I should learn more about it. Is there anything else you can mention about swing trading? any tips or sources maybe?

thomas_novak

Banned
May 1, 2023
Hi there! There are many different strategies that traders use for trading, and what works best depends on the individual's trading style and preferences. Some popular strategies include:

• Scalping: This involves making many quick trades with the goal of making small profits on each trade.
  • Swing trading: This involves holding positions for a few days to a few weeks and trying to profit from short-term price movements.
  • Trend following: This involves identifying trends in the market and trading in the direction of the trend.
  • Breakout trading: This involves identifying key levels of support and resistance and entering trades when the price breaks through these levels.
Of course, there are many other strategies out there, and what works best for you will depend on your experience and preferences. The key is to find a strategy that you are comfortable with and that fits your trading style. Happy trading!

• 👍
Reactions: Oli_jackson

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
Hi there! There are many different strategies that traders use for trading, and what works best depends on the individual's trading style and preferences. Some popular strategies include:

• Scalping: This involves making many quick trades with the goal of making small profits on each trade.
  • Swing trading: This involves holding positions for a few days to a few weeks and trying to profit from short-term price movements.
  • Trend following: This involves identifying trends in the market and trading in the direction of the trend.
  • Breakout trading: This involves identifying key levels of support and resistance and entering trades when the price breaks through these levels.
Of course, there are many other strategies out there, and what works best for you will depend on your experience and preferences. The key is to find a strategy that you are comfortable with and that fits your trading style. Happy trading!
Thank you for the explanation!

AlexOZ

Trader
Apr 22, 2023
I don't trade shares, but Forex seems more liquid and volatile. Your preferred lifestyle and personal attitudes should dictate your approach and choices. Think about trading time commitments, dealing with stress, times of day of popular trading sessions, suitable currency pairs. I like less stressful trading, so I trade daily timeframe with once a day review and will hold a trade for one or more days. Each weekend I review the fundamentals for favoured currency pairs to plan out the week . Others like it fast and furious.

jelousgal

Banned
May 3, 2023
Hello.
Oh, I totally agree with you! Swing trading can be a solid strategy to capture those short-term price movements. It's all about spotting trends and patterns using technical analysis. But let me tell you, discipline and emotional control are the secret sauce to making swing trading work

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
My pleasure bro, I would also add day trading strategy. Day trading is all about seizing opportunities in the market's daily rollercoaster ride. It's like jumping on a wild rollercoaster and hopping off before the day ends
Cool POV about the day trading. I'd like to hear more and get familiar with your POV about the day trading.

ArnavDeshmukh

May 27, 2023
there are many more, you should consider which one is most effective for you. Using stop loss and take profit orders is a good approach.

Haruto

Trader
Oct 26, 2022
Actually, I haven’t been in forex for a very long time. But I can share with you that I use moving average fibonacchi combination even though I fail to carry average profit in some months.

thomas_novak

Banned
May 1, 2023
Cool POV about the day trading. I'd like to hear more and get familiar with your POV about the day trading.
Day trading can be pretty exciting, dude! It's all about making quick trades and trying to catch those short-term price swings for some sweet profits. You get to be in the thick of the action, reacting to market news and events in real-time. Of course, it's not all fun and games. Day trading takes a lot of dedication and knowledge.

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
Actually, I haven’t been in forex for a very long time. But I can share with you that I use moving average fibonacchi combination even though I fail to carry average profit in some months.
Well, thank you for sharing that. Although, you've been away for a while, why don't you tell us (or me) about your experiences? any advices?

Day trading can be pretty exciting, dude! It's all about making quick trades and trying to catch those short-term price swings for some sweet profits. You get to be in the thick of the action, reacting to market news and events in real-time. Of course, it's not all fun and games. Day trading takes a lot of dedication and knowledge.
I agree that day trading can be fun, but let's agree that it can be stressful too XD

AlexOZ

Trader
Apr 22, 2023
Well, thank you for sharing that. Although, you've been away for a while, why don't you tell us (or me) about your experiences? any advices?

I agree that day trading can be fun, but let's agree that it can be stressful too XD
Too stressful and time consuming for me. I prefer more relaxed trading over longer time frames. But I admire those who thrive on the 'cut and thrust'. Wouldn't recommend for newer traders, though.

fargana

Active Trader
Nov 14, 2022
Hello everyone!

Thank you!
I use EMA convergence/divergence and trading by bollinger bands. It took time though to find parameters that worked for me

NatureGirl

Trader
May 3, 2023
Hello everyone!

Thank you!
im currently workin on lary williams smash day but ma friends have used it before and highly recommend it