Trading for retirement

trader6

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
I am trying my hand as a trader in order to build up an additional retirement fund. My broker is forex-metal. I am a fairly conservative investor/trader but am looking for advice on metals. Any suggestions?

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Well, other than the obvious one to park funds on precious metals like gold and silver, cannot really suggest more. And the return may not be as high as you would like but should still give you a healthy return per year..

Rob Taylor

Active Trader
Oct 14, 2012
UK
www.tradeforexmakemoney.co.uk
I am trying my hand as a trader in order to build up an additional retirement fund. My broker is forex-metal. I am a fairly conservative investor/trader but am looking for advice on metals. Any suggestions?

Learn price action.

Dec 5, 2012
I think that if you will invest your money in gold or silver than you will get good return on your investment. SO if You want to Trade in metal. Firstly read about the market trend or price. It is helpful for you.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Metal makes more sense as it can give you steady returns where as with currencies and other instruments, you would have to deal with volatility.

Rob Taylor

Active Trader
Oct 14, 2012
UK
www.tradeforexmakemoney.co.uk
Metal makes more sense as it can give you steady returns where as with currencies and other instruments, you would have to deal with volatility.

Buying metals does not give you any return, its purely a speculative investment. You make money when you close your position, if the price of the metal goes up, if it goes down you lose.

Buying currencies can give you a return on your money, as the interest rate between currencies differs. For example buying AUD against USD will give you a positive return on your money for as long as you hold the position. That is assuming the interest rates in AUD stay higher than the US.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Fair enough but when you look at it, you'll see that basing your investment on the hopes of the interest staying at the same level is just similar to investing in metals. Investing in metals is not for a short term, sure you can play the short term game but with metals it pays to hold on to it for a longer period and is more stable than interest rate fluctuations. Gold has given some great returns for the last few decades and that's saying something..LOL