Tickmill cryptocurrency trading - anybody tried?

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
I want to know is it safe to play short (no pitfalls) with retail forex brokers like Tickmill. Any success stories?

Bradley79

Feb 5, 2018
If you're looking to buy and start trading actual cryptocurrencies and not CFDs on Cryptos - Tickmill is not the place.
You should be looking for an exchange like hitbtc, gemini, bittrex, poloniex, coinbase or one of the other big exchanges.
The main issue is to find one that is big enough and not a scam. The ones I've listed are some of the biggest and most diverse exchanges.
As far as regulation goes - at the moment there are no actual regulatory authority and regulations for crypto exchanges, so you must be extra carefull when deciding where to start trading.

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
If you're looking to buy and start trading actual cryptocurrencies and not CFDs on Cryptos - Tickmill is not the place.
You should be looking for an exchange like hitbtc, gemini, bittrex, poloniex, coinbase or one of the other big exchanges.
The main issue is to find one that is big enough and not a scam. The ones I've listed are some of the biggest and most diverse exchanges.
As far as regulation goes - at the moment there are no actual regulatory authority and regulations for crypto exchanges, so you must be extra carefull when deciding where to start trading.
I'm looking for opportunity to make profit on price swings, not holding cryptocurrency, because exchanges are too insecure.
After all we trade cryptos to make profit, not because we believe in the project or want to find real applications for them.
Just riding waves..

Tr$de.654

Jun 27, 2018
I have not yet tried Tickmill, so no thoughts about it.Security of funds is also a big issue with the exchanges as lot of hacking news are coming in the market from time to time. I also prefer to trade cryptocurrencies with Crypto Forex broker, so as per my experience you can give a try to Coinexx, Pipforex and Whaleclub. These are good Fx brokers with decent trading conditions.

pippin

Trader
Jul 16, 2019

Yeah I think they invested billions into safety, cold wallets at every stage so it's good to trade crypto exclusively on exchanges though I can't guarantee commission will be lower every time. Tickmill and other forex brokers are good for currency and stock CFDs, their business have limits.