The most frustrating thing about forex trading

mirna

Trader
Dec 4, 2012
Zagreb
Hi guys,

I am a software entrepreneur and I am doing a research on Forex Market processes that can be improved through simple software or technology, and I need all the information I can get from you.

My focus in this research on what are the most frustrating tasks you do as traders daily or keep you up and night? Or just tasks that take a lot of your time and could be automated with some kind of software?

I know that there are a lot of BIG software for Forex Trading, but I am interested in making one that will make your life, as traders, easier - let's say I am trying to figure out what is the "pain in the butt" thing you need to do every day so that you could trade easily. So, I want to focus on YOU:)

I am not selling anything here, I would just love to hear about the problems you guys face on day to day basic while trading in the Forex market.

Thanks for your opinion and if you want to contact me in person, you can do that on mail:

mirna.bacun@gmail.com

Thanks for your help in advance!

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
symbolsets file

hey mirna..... speakin of metaquotes, the main thorn for me is the inability to edit the symbols file or add a new personal built symbolsets file...... it would be a positive if we could add our own symbols, such as djia, nasdaq, s&p500, vix.......

metastock, different platform, has emense data feeds that we could use to feed our new metaquotes symbols.....

my current method is to manually erase all metaquotes data from a metaquotes symbol that is not used by me, USDCZK, and replace it with something that is needed, such as djia.....

this is a clunky way with severe drawbacks......

if we could some how add new symbols to the metaquotes symbolsets files, or beter still add an additional file would be nice.....

not sure it that is the kinda thing you had in mind.......h

capsmart

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2012
Kos island, Greece
Hi Mirna
Lots of tools have already been developed for the forex market and especially metatrader. Some tasks (for which tools already exist) are to get a signal when price gets at a certain level or price breaking an horizontal or diagonal line, another thing would be to trail the stop loss according to certain rules, partially close a trade and move stop loss to break even. What people would really like is a profit making EA.

Maria08

Banned
Oct 23, 2012
Forex trading can be frustration for beginners if they do not learn the basic things to start trading in forex, so the most important things that a new trader must do is to start trading with the demo account to learn how forex works.

Mike Bor

Banned
Jun 23, 2010
Does 'not being able to make money' count?

=P

Funny :D

It's quite annoying for me to spend much time sitting at the computer.
So I prefer to use different EAs and indicators that help me to save my time and nerves :) So I advise all the traders who do not want to be nervous all the time to make a research on software.
Also it is frustrating when you lose your money, but the more you are in this business, the more experienced you become and that's normal

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Yeah it can be frustrating trying to work out the details, esp when you are just getting started and of course, sitting in front of the pc and willing the market to move in the right direction really gets to you after a while..

Maria08

Banned
Oct 23, 2012
Yeah it can be frustrating trying to work out the details, esp when you are just getting started and of course, sitting in front of the pc and willing the market to move in the right direction really gets to you after a while..

yes- sometimes it rarely frustrating sitting in front of the pc and willing
the market to move in the right direction really gets to you after a while..

ziegler

Trader
Nov 30, 2012
It can be frustrating for some not experienced traders, if they fill themselves as a kings of Forex, like they know everything. And shortly they lose their money.

aamirjamil

Trader
Dec 17, 2012
hi
I also agree with Paladin. You need to learn the basic and keep practicing. If you only depending on the robot, you will lose and waste your money. Because robot can't really help in trading. Beside robot are not 100% accurate in reading the chart.
thnx

Master Forex IB

Active Trader
May 23, 2013
When I do trading after market watch . I think I can get now good profit but market not favors me that time. It is very frustrating situation for me. I am in anger what to do . i feel difficulty to manage trades that time. They are going to loss and I expect profit.

Jira

Trader
Feb 18, 2013
it also depend on your mental strength. if you are mentally strong then you will get use to with in no time otherwise the market fluctuation will be frustrating a lot :confused:

BoroVai

Trader
May 25, 2013
I must appreciate your work.I am new to forex and still i am learning so wish when i will trade till then you will finish your research and i will get your help.
As I feel the main pain is to monitor because we have to spend a lot of time for being a successful trader.

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
Speculation has to do with taking advantage of opportunities that most others fail to see; and this is usually done before others see the opportunities. Unless in some obvious cases, the most common means to harness gains in the markets is when the price moves downwards after a short position is opened, or when the price moves upwards after a long position is opened.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Hah, no wonder the newbies often give up, after the first wipe out..which is why you need to do the research, learn all the basics and study price action..Always recommended.