The idea of becoming a position trader scares me

johnhesler

Trader
Jun 15, 2022
I really prefer day trading. The waiting time for swing or position trading is too much for me. But my job is trying to change my trading system.
I only have about 30min to day trade between 7am to 4:30pm.
What do you think I do??

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odessa
www.earnforex.com
I really prefer day trading. The waiting time for swing or position trading is too much for me. But my job is trying to change my trading system.
What do you think I do??
I'd say transition to position trading. The bulk of my income as a Forex trader comes from long-term trades (held for more than a month) and I would say that such trading is less stressful and easier to analyze and enter properly. Trying to rush day trading inside a 30-minute period is a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion.

alzheimer

Apr 7, 2022
What do you think I do??
Play long-term. Open positions that will last for several days or weeks and just adjust risk regularly (like every day) according to the new incoming information related to your trading idea.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
What do you think I do??
//------

don't under estimate the true value of a job...... trading can be pretty much a 24 hour a day thing.....

they can complement each other.....h

ego eimi

Trader
Jun 23, 2022
What do you think I do??
so you mean you only have 30 min in a day to plan your trades

Flophouse

Mar 22, 2022
I trade short positions and won't exaggerate about it because imo, both trading short or long positions can be profitable yet risky. Choosing one one for trading is your individual choice.