The forex market have any holidays

Elmira Nancy

Active Trader
Nov 16, 2009
Since many holidays are specific to a particular nation, and since FOREX is global, what you could see on holidays is low volume/ high volatility; the nation experiencing the holiday could be taking a break, but other nations not taking that holiday would be trading its currency.

An example of this is thanksgiving or the Japanese new year (which occurs after the first week of January). In the former case, American traders might not be trading, but others would be. And so on, in the latter case.

I do not know of any global holiday that would cause everyone around the world not to trade; except Saturday's.

Pinalli

Master Trader
Jan 31, 2009
Well,

I wish all a happy thanks giving day and a BIG THANKS for being there in the forum.

About holidays in forex... we dont need it as we can trade anywhere, anytime and as much as want!!!

daniellefr

Active Trader
Jul 2, 2009
It is nice to give it a rest during holidays. If the market didn't go flat once in a while we would never leave our house and computer! LOL!

Sofia

Master Trader
Jun 20, 2009
yea! its good but what about the Dubai crisis that came up now during the Asian holidays?

Chunnel

Active Trader
Nov 30, 2009
Indeed there aren't anny fore holydays, however as mentioned earlier during christmass and new year there isn't allot of vollatility.

Annyway the great thing about fore is that you can shut down your trades whenever you want and take a holyday.

Pinalli

Master Trader
Jan 31, 2009
Indeed there aren't anny fore holydays, however as mentioned earlier during christmass and new year there isn't allot of vollatility.

Annyway the great thing about fore is that you can shut down your trades whenever you want and take a holyday.

Moreover i have seen many special offers and bonuses during this season.

Sofia

Master Trader
Jun 20, 2009
yea... almost all brokers give special discounts and offers to attract people and ask them to trade....

I am looking forwards for such offers

Pinalli

Master Trader
Jan 31, 2009
Yea... many brokers are offering great offers, bonuses and discounts in Christmas season to attract customers and make them trade on holidays.