Streaks: Losing Streaks

Marshall IV

Trader
Dec 8, 2022
It's my first post here and my first time. I've known trading since the past five years but I only got to get my head around technical analysis about two years ago. I've been actively trading forex for roughly two years and I'm just beginning to see consistency since July this year till date.

I set the goal to take 100 trades on my demo account (I've taken 41 so far since July) while abiding by my rules and risk managements. I'm using a journal app that shows my performance. While following my performance on the fx journal app, I observed that I had a losing streak of 7 trades in a row, though I'm still profitable overall. That is having some psychological effect in my trading and I'm having feelings of uncertainty though still profitable. How do you guys cope with losing streaks? My feeling of uncertainty is that I might end up being unprofitable if losing streaks keep recurring. Can this happen? BDW, I'm already 20% on profit cause I risk 0.50% (half of 1% for my risk appetite) or less on every trade

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
I think at the end of the day having more profits over losses is what really matters, Keeping that journal is a good sign that you're keeping up with what's going on, so I think you're going to be fine in the end. I'd keep going, journaling, and see if the losing streak ends. When I used to lose money, I always felt stressed out, but taking a break from trading (whether 5 minutes or for the rest of that day) always seemed to help.

• 👍
Reactions: Marshall IV

Marshall IV

Trader
Dec 8, 2022
I think at the end of the day having more profits over losses is what really matters, Keeping that journal is a good sign that you're keeping up with what's going on, so I think you're going to be fine in the end. I'd keep going, journaling, and see if the losing streak ends. When I used to lose money, I always felt stressed out, but taking a break from trading (whether 5 minutes or for the rest of that day) always seemed to help.
Thanks. I hadn't considered taking a break sometimes. That suggestion is helpful.

jones44

Active Trader
Apr 16, 2016
Never try to take revenge on the Market...
You will never win...
When losing ...just shut off.. and save your equity.