Scaling Charts

Andy

Master Trader
Nov 28, 2014
London UK
Enivid, Is it somehow in anyway possible to zoom in more and/or make the candles longer AND wider than is normally possible?

('Scale fix One to One' and 'Scale Fix' options only make the candles longer and setting MT4 to run in a lower resolution makes every part of MT4 larger)

Thank you.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
No trivial way of doing that. In theory, it is possible to create an indicator that would remove all the candles from the chart and redraw all the candles with a very large size. It wouldn't be too convenient in use though.

Andy

Master Trader
Nov 28, 2014
London UK
hmm that's a shame, I thought there may have been some sort of simple trickery that would unlock access to more + zoom levels. I have just requested more to be added via the service desk (which will no doubt go unanswered or answered and simply denied without any consideration).

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I understand that it is not helpful, but the current biggest size is probably the maximum they ever considered. If you look at the largest candles in TradingView or cTrader - they are of the same size. It looks to be some unofficial industry standard.

Andy

Master Trader
Nov 28, 2014
London UK
Yeah you're probably right. I will wait and see what they say, although I'm sure it has been requested in the past from people with poor eyesight or people wanting to prevent straining their eyes and to prevent any sight related problems in the future.

My issue on the other hand is related to operating from high time frames, even with the lowest zoom level I feel too much of my chart space is taken up with old, irrelevant, unnecessary and distracting price action that isn't needed for my style of trading. I would like to enlarge the candles to put the emphasis back on the current, now-moment price action. Not to mention the more candles displayed on the chart at once, the higher chance there is that the total trading range for the displayed candles is quite large and will then start to compress and squash the candles, even in full screen mode.

I could chart shift and/or limit the total maximum bars on the chart and in the history but that will just put everything to the left of my screen and will spread the total trading range over fewer bars which will then stretch and warp them to the extreme.