Record Slump of the Russian Ruble vs. USD and EUR - Your Thoughts?

bablogfx

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Oct 24, 2013
I have just posted in a blog about the reasons for the current record slump of the Russian currency versus USD and EUR. Has it reached the bottom. What is your opinion on USD/RUB and EUR/RUB?

And, more importantly, have you earned or lost anything on this extreme rides?

Yeah vivid example how fundamental trading works. Their central bank sometimes makes ruble pull back in retracement, but its very short movements after which is perfect time for entry. Made about 8 trades on Hotforex, 7 in profit, quote flow is a bit unstable and slippage is substantial, but it is still manageable to profit there. I open several micro and nano lot trades instead of big one, works much better.

alexflemj

Active Trader
Nov 9, 2011
Did your Broker pose any restrictions on trading those 2 currency pairs - lot restricitons or spread increase ?

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Ruble is going to be volatile for a while, given how the US is planning on imposing more sanctions. However, if Russia stitches up more deals with India, the russian rouble can strengthen..

ahsan1

Dec 16, 2014
Ruble has been the worst currency this year against USD and reasons behind that are that the tensions between USD and Russia is causing most of the damage but apart from that many economists said that the Russian economy is itself weak enough to cause this debacle in the Ruble and Russia is officially in Recession.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I think volatility will remain high and in the short-term I seek to trade it. Long-term I think there is great value in the Ruble.

ahsan1

Dec 16, 2014
Yeah I agree the fact that there is a great potential in Ruble in the longer run against USD because due to the recent spike in USD, next year USD is due for a short term decline because USD can't go upside in 2015 as well, so traders need to keep their focus on Ruble in 2015 because Ruble will be really active.

JeffFX

Dec 17, 2014
Thanks for this informative thread! I definitely have my eye on the Ruble...

Russian_ruble