Real Estate A Bargain For Investors?

FXexpert

Master Trader
Dec 13, 2008
Real estate prices in the United States have plummeted over the past year. Not only have have home & commercial prices fallen, high demand areas such as New York City have even seen a price drop. With these types of prices, one has to wonder, is it time to invest?

Whether it is or not is, of course, up to the individual, but history is on the opportunistic investor's side. Over the past three decades, home prices alone in the United States have more than doubled and prices after the recession are likely to rise again.

With the international economic crisis bringing the real estate market to it's lowest point in years and sellers eager to make a deal, now may be the best time to buy.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Although I am not living in U.S. I'm thinking about investing in the real estate there due to the low prices caused by the crisis. But, in my opinion, it's not a right time yet to do that. The real estate market, especially in some big cities, has some more space to fall - like 10-20% more.

Sinnerman

Active Trader
Jan 24, 2009
Although I am not living in U.S. I'm thinking about investing in the real estate there due to the low prices caused by the crisis. But, in my opinion, it's not a right time yet to do that. The real estate market, especially in some big cities, has some more space to fall - like 10-20% more.
Agreed. Part of the reason big cities like New York have been hit particularly hard is because they are financial centers, and we all know how well financial companies are doing right now - they are clearing out their New York offices. London is not much different.

Having said that, however, I do believe that certain sectors of the real estate market have been hit needlessly, as part of the broader bear market, and are more likely to bounce back soon. One particular sector would be farm land. If you are dead set on real estate, I don't see how you can go wrong buying farm land. Last year's Asian food shortages and price spikes were just a preview of what is to come over the next few years.

Best of luck in your investment.