Q#7 Did you have a mentor when you first started?

AyoFXstarter

Trader
Jun 30, 2017
When you all first started doing Fx, did you have a mentor? Sorry I've been asking so many questions on the forum in a row, I don't know anyone else who trades securities that can answer these questions.

Does anyone have any advice for someone in my position or is posting on the forums ok lol.

• 👍
Reactions: HeavenLeighGill

SweetPrincess

Trader
May 9, 2017
Hi, as for me, I cannot say that I have a mentor but I learned Forex thru my colleagues and friends. They taught me first about the trading business and talked about it. Then I read and seems interesting and started on demo. I really find it good and I started trading all by myself and internet so I think I do not have a mentor, just an idea of the business that i got from them. :D

Mar 31, 2018
www.profitwithpips.com
I had a mentor teach me trading as well as a coach (sort of like a jr mentor) Having a mentor definitely gives you an advantage but that's with any business venture....mentors are worth the time and/or money I highly recommend having one if you have the opinion

maxmoud

Apr 4, 2021
Nope. I had no mentor and no clue and I paid for it. Eventually, I would have small successes here and there, wiped out by big losses. Now I'm part of a trading community and actually starting to see consistent profits.

sunar14

Banned
Jan 17, 2021
When you all first started doing Fx, did you have a mentor? Sorry I've been asking so many questions on the forum in a row, I don't know anyone else who trades securities that can answer these questions.

Does anyone have any advice for someone in my position or is posting on the forums ok lol.
The best mentor is university degree, providing you had good GPA. Technical background is essential in trading because it helps to filter out useless trading stuff.

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
I hear people often start trading after a degree in economics or an MBA, but if I'm not mistaken, these mostly teach you the background information needed for trading, but not the practical aspects.

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
I didn’t because I couldn’t afford one. I don’t think having a mentor is the magic answer anyways. Everything you need to know is available online for free, you just have to be driven to do the research.

Jungletrader

Banned
Sep 5, 2019
I was in a FB group it was well moderated .
There were a few traders whom offered help mostly by way of pdfs chart analysis etc
That was a big help just to be pointed in the right direction