PZHeikenAshiEA

hainvestor81

Trader
Mar 21, 2016
Hello there, I wish you are all well.
Coming back to this Heiken ashi smooth indicator, I found a free expert advisor that works just as I wanted, meaning that it changes direction according to the colour, and it implements customizable stop loss, break even and trailing stop. I will give some explanations of these settings at the end. It is giving good results, but I'm having a bit of a problem with some orders that are not being placed because "trade operations not allowed by settings". So I only get for example two orders placed, whilst some others should be placed as well(for they are in accordance to the parameters set). This is so annoying.
Does anyone know how to fix that?

Thank you very much in advance, I hope to hear from you soon,
Best regards
Hainvestor

http://www.pointzero-trading.com/Products/view/PZHeikenAshiEA

I'm currently using it with H4 and weekly TF. Parameters: 3,6,3,2. Due to spread and fast moves, I don't think one can earn any money over the long term with this strategy on smaller time frames, but you can use it one a demo account on small time frames just to see how it works. I'm using a VPS. Once this problem being fixed, I might use the daily time frame rather than the weekly, and continue using the H4. Just change the magic number.
If anyone would like to download and have a try, here go some explanations about the position management:
Break even in pips : distance from the entry point that the stop will be placed once it breaks even
Trailing stop in pips: percentage of the distance compared to the stop loss that the pair must evolve before it breaks even ( for exemple, if your stop loss is 100 pips and you think the pair can easily run some 40 pips before pausing or coming back, you set the trailing stop to 40 percent)
Trailing step: from my experience to this point it is better to set it to be in accordance with the trailing stop( considering the example above, it should be set to 40 pips)
Stop loss: the distance in pips that the stop loss will be placed
Take profit: i'm not using it
Close on opposite signals:true
Obviously you must accept that during ranging periods, it will close position on a small loss, then take position again on the opposite side once the bar closes.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It's an expert advisor with a closed source code. You will have to ask the developer of the EA about the issue - no else can look inside its code.

It also uses DLLs, which is a very dangerous thing to allow the EAs to do unless you have complete faith in the developer.

hainvestor81

Trader
Mar 21, 2016
It's an expert advisor with a closed source code. You will have to ask the developer of the EA about the issue - no else can look inside its code.

It also uses DLLs, which is a very dangerous thing to allow the EAs to do unless you have complete faith in the developer.

Thank you very much

Indeed the guy is a seller of many other EAs. But I found that it was exactly what I was looking for.
Otherwise, I had bought at some point an EA generator, but never got used to it(I'm not a truly programmer, but I can learn things). If anyone is willing to help, we could create the same kind of EA based on this HA smooth, and share it.
Thank you in advance
Best Regards
Hainvestor

hainvestor81

Trader
Mar 21, 2016
Hello again, now I found out what's happening and maybe some of you could help. Not really the EA(maybe) for I found that it places the trade even though the message "trade operations not allowed by settings" appears.
With one broker every time trades should be placed on the opening of the new candle, only two of them are placed, even if other pairs respond to the settings. With the other broker , only 3 trades are placed on the opening of new candle, even though other trades should be placed.
Maybe there's a restriction setting somewhere that can be changed. Otherwise it's just not fair at all.
Does anybody have a clue?
Best regards
Hainvestor

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
My guess would be that the EA is trying to open several orders at once, and the brokers are rejecting some of them due to some reasons. For example, limited number of orders is allowed in a period of time, or some orders have invalid stops parameters, etc. Anyway, you should ask the EA's author about the issue. As I have said, the EA is close-sourced, so no one here will be able to answer for certain about anything related to this robot.

hainvestor81

Trader
Mar 21, 2016
Thank you very much for your time. As you say, may the number of orders are limited. I'll try to find out.
Thank you again
Best Regards
Hainvestor