Predicting and Trading Breakouts

ChartSecret

Master Trader
Jun 26, 2009
www.chartsecret.com
Breakouts are an critical issue in trading that each trader confronts in some stage of his or her trading career.

The need for a strong and conclusive technique to trade and predict breakouts is of high importance due to the frequent percentage of fakeouts in last years, which happen even more in intra-day trading. This article features techniques to predict a breakout with high accuracy.

Read More:
http://www.chartsecret.com/content/predicting-and-trading-breakouts-predicting-breakouts-early-entry

Attachments

• breakout-2.jpg
    breakout-2.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 15

mikey109021

Active Trader
Aug 12, 2009
Most of the markets are trying to provide as much transparency as much possible, so that investors feel calm at the time of leaving their money. In today’s financial world, old theories that not so long ago remained buried in memory have come to gain currency again and one should feel more secure about investing ample amount of money

Pinalli

Master Trader
Jan 31, 2009
I will just say to be careful as not every breakout is genuine. Often some large institutional traders try to drive the price higher in the short term just to trigger these stops, because they know many traders would have placed stops to sell just above resistant levels. So the price could well fall back to resistance. The same dangers of false breakouts apply to support levels as well, because the larger players know that many traders place stops to sell just above resistant levels.

Sofia

Master Trader
Jun 20, 2009
Nice advice pinalli. during my trading i sometimes feels that the breakout is misleading as some false breakout appears. what you you this is the true indicator of it?

Sep 5, 2009
Nice article.. though the best way to treat breakouts is just to ignore them totally. I don't trade breakouts at all as they usually fail. You need a very thorough experience to trade breakouts well and frankly - why bother? Just wait for the pullback and you will have a stronger entry with a logical stop loss and much higher chance of success.

Pinalli

Master Trader
Jan 31, 2009
Nice article.. though the best way to treat breakouts is just to ignore them totally. I don't trade breakouts at all as they usually fail. You need a very thorough experience to trade breakouts well and frankly - why bother? Just wait for the pullback and you will have a stronger entry with a logical stop loss and much higher chance of success.

nice advice trendline trader. Its risky to trade at breakouts. The best is to trade when there is a confirmation of breakout as the volume is high that time and you can get good opportunities for swing trading.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Breakouts are an critical issue in trading that each trader confronts in some stage of his or her trading career.

The need for a strong and conclusive technique to trade and predict breakouts is of high importance due to the frequent percentage of fakeouts in last years, which happen even more in intra-day trading. This article features techniques to predict a breakout with high accuracy.

Read More:
http://www.chartsecret.com/content/predicting-and-trading-breakouts-predicting-breakouts-early-entry

I must say, breakout trading is very challenging task, I basically consider the breakout zone based on the importance of support & resistant levels. No doubt, this kind of level provides me enough pips within very short period of time.