Overcoming greed

wagtrader

May 2, 2023
Hey everyone, how do you overcome the greed that makes our profits vanish, I mean the greed that stops you from closing a trade when the profit is actually reasonable.

AlexOZ

Trader
Apr 22, 2023
Clearly define your entry and exit rules, sizing, stop loss, and take profit settings of an order before entering a trade and stick to those rules while the trade is running.

• 👍
Reactions: Phill88

Ara

Trader
Apr 24, 2023
Always set take profit(TP) for your trades. This is how you can overcome the greed.
Hey everyone, how do you overcome the greed that makes our profits vanish, I mean the greed that stops you from closing a trade when the profit is actually reasonable

Haruto

Trader
Oct 26, 2022
Hey everyone, how do you overcome the greed that makes our profits vanish, I mean the greed that stops you from closing a trade when the profit is actually reasonable.
Actually, initially I used to retain a trade until it hit the TP. But majority of the time the scenario turned out negative like the trade went near the tp but the market reversed destroying my profit. As I was the sufferer to this issue, now I developed a thought that I should close a trade even if it doesn’t hit the tp but in reasonable profit.

Oli_jackson

Trader
Mar 27, 2023
It is all related to the psyche. Just seeking more and more from the same position without being realistic about it can be a serious misstep and cause you to lose even the profit you had made up to that point. So, set your TP, and if it hits be happy and content about it.

• 👍
Reactions: Phill88
May 13, 2023
As the others believe in taking profit(TP) , I also agree with it . And maintaining discipline and sticking to a well-thought-out trading plan can be effective tools in keeping greed in check.

Antho

Trader
Mar 16, 2023
Personally, I think the most effective way to combat greed in trading is to rigorously follow a well-defined trading plan, setting specific profit targets and stop-loss limits. This disciplined strategy is crucial for making decisions based on logic rather than emotion.

Phill88

Trader
Dec 17, 2023
Germany
Clearly define your entry and exit rules, sizing, stop loss, and take profit settings of an order before entering a trade and stick to those rules while the trade is running.
Totally agree. Consider regularly reviewing and adjusting your trading plan based on market conditions and staying informed about relevant news and developments