New to MT4

Bowas

Trader
Oct 2, 2017
I am new to MT4 but have been using Ninja trader for years. I use a very basic method and have a very simple little way of trading. I am wondering if any here can try to recreate my chart using MT4 as I have them set up using Ninja.
The bottom indicators is what i am looking to install on MT2.
They are CCI's of different settings, but if they cannot me created, I may be able to utilize if WMA, SMA or similar.

upload_2017-10-2_6-32-46.jpeg

Bowas

Trader
Oct 2, 2017
You can definitely use CCI with different settings in MT4, however the bottom indicators in your screenshot do not look like CCI.
Thank you for your reply. They are CCI but instead of set as a line, I set them as a bar, so I can have that visual. I May be able to use any of the MA's if i can figure out how to get them to look similar. It is a very simple method, and I have been using NT, but it is a bit cumbersome. Any ideas?

Bowas

Trader
Oct 2, 2017
You can definitely use CCI with different settings in MT4, however the bottom indicators in your screenshot do not look like CCI.
Thank you for your reply. They are CCI but instead of set as a line, I set them as a bar, so I can have that visual. I May be able to use any of the MA's if i can figure out how to get them to look similar. It is a very simple method, and I have been using NT, but it is a bit cumbersome. Any ideas?
Frankly, I don't understand what your problem/question is. You can add CCI and MAs in MetaTrader via the Indicators menu.
Is there a way to make them look like I have them in NT? As a bar and not as a line, and to change colors like in the picture? I am wanting bar looking indicators at the bottom of the the chart.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is there a way to make them look like I have them in NT? As a bar and not as a line, and to change colors like in the picture? I am wanting bar looking indicators at the bottom of the the chart.

A standard CCI indicator does not have a histogram form, but you can search for "mt4 cci histogram" and find plenty of CCI modifications that probably do what you need.

• 👍
Reactions: Bowas

Bowas

Trader
Oct 2, 2017
A standard CCI indicator does not have a histogram form, but you can search for "mt4 cci histogram" and find plenty of CCI modifications that probably do what you need.
Ok. Thank you. I will look around for that. I see there are some sites that have indicators.