My Forex-Paid Vacation to Europe

Yes, Forex paid for it! It was one basket trade of the 7 JPY pairs that gave me $5200 in 2.5 hrs. So, what to use the money for? My buddy had a business trip to Paris and Cologne, Ger. planned and he asked if I was interested. You Betcha! Never been before.

Flight over and back is a butt buster. Weather didn't comply as it was cold, overcast, windy and drizzly all the two weeks except for two sunny days. One in Paris and one in Strasbourg, Fra.

You visit Europe, be ready to walk. A lot! That caused me some problems. However, I didn't let it get in the way. Just bitched and kept going. Typical grunt! LOL

Did some good trades while there, after I figured out "time." We hit Paris, Cologne and Strasbourg. Strasbourg has the prettiest women, hands down! Cologne is a History Lesson. Paris is the elite tourist trap.

Luckily, and unknown to me, we visited the Arch de Triumph on V-E Day. The Arch is where the French have their "Tomb of the Unknown" from WW1. After the ceremony, I paid military honors at the flame. And I was backed up by 4 French Marines I'd met on top of the Arch. What a moment! WOW!

When in Cologne, you'll see postcards with B/W shots of the train station and Cathedral. Then, you'l begin to understand. This is why I say it's a learning experience. No bombs hit either edifice. But leveled everything else in the area.

Strasbourg is just pretty. Everywhere you look. Inns and hotels are older than the USA! Looking at the 4-600 yr to build cathedrals, my buddy asked, "You got anything like that in the US?" I just laughed. We're only 200 years old!

I enjoyed it. It was fun. And I can thank Forex for the experience. But it's good to be home and trading on time again.

• 👍
Reactions: TheFxTrader
Forex also just paid for my Sept. trip to the Reno (NV) International Air Races. Show tiks in W/C and flight reservations in my pocket. Three days ago, I upped my record. I scaled a Gold Sell trade that netted me $2.2k in 8 minutes! 8 Minutes!! What a ride. LOL

Anyone know what Hawaii's like at Christmas? There's a thought.

xProphet

Active Trader
Jul 27, 2013
Occupying Wall Steet.
Forex also just paid for my Sept. trip to the Reno (NV) International Air Races. Show tiks in W/C and flight reservations in my pocket. Three days ago, I upped my record. I scaled a Gold Sell trade that netted me $2.2k in 8 minutes! 8 Minutes!! What a ride. LOL

Anyone know what Hawaii's like at Christmas? There's a thought.

If you don't mind me asking what percent was 2.2k on the amount traded. If you don't wanna answer i completely understand.

I expose a lot of my acct, if that's what you're asking. I may have up to 20-30 1.0 lot orders running at any given time. But I've learned how to handle the exposure in a successful way. And, no, I can't explain it. And money exposed isn't necessarily money lost. So, exposure means little to me. It's the end game I target. I use built-in checkpoints. Price backs over one and I close all orders. I stay away from loses that way. Per trading moment, I target $1K first and then build on that with more orders. Using scaling, I'm opening the initial order at 0.01 lot (first check), 6 add'l orders at 3 pip spacing and 1.0 lot. Get through the order field and the real fun begins. If price tracks away from order, I only lose pennies. When price retraces over an active order, I close ALL immediately and reset for another attempt. One active order is all I'm concerned with.

Last edited:

xProphet

Active Trader
Jul 27, 2013
Occupying Wall Steet.
I expose a lot of my acct, if that's what you're asking. I may have up to 20-30 1.0 lot orders running at any given time. But I've learned how to handle the exposure in a successful way. And, no, I can't explain it. And money exposed isn't necessarily money lost. So, exposure means little to me. It's the end game I target. I use built-in checkpoints. Price backs over one and I close all orders. I stay away from loses that way. Per trading moment, I target $1K first and then build on that with more orders. Using scaling, I'm opening the initial order at 0.01 lot (first check), 6 add'l orders at 3 pip spacing and 1.0 lot. Get through the order field and the real fun begins. If price tracks away from order, I only lose pennies. When price retraces over an active order, I close ALL immediately and reset for another attempt. One active order is all I'm concerned with.

I'm not trying to offer unsolicited advice. I'm just trying to compare parts of my trading plan to someone whom feels satisfied, and content with their trading. (To maybe revisit some of my goals.) On a side note, I'm a strait foreword person, so what I type is what I mean. (no reading between the lines necessary.)

Example: I have xxx dollars in my account. I placed XX amount of dollars in a "trade" that ended up netting me 2.2k or xx% of the "traded" amount (not total account.)

xProphet

Active Trader
Jul 27, 2013
Occupying Wall Steet.
Its all gravy. I got your numbers from your other post, and honestly it makes me feel little more confident about mine.

Risk is something everyone's afraid of. Fear keeps you from succeeding. Did you know that it says "Fear Not!" 365 times in the Manufacturer's Handbook? That's once a day for a year. Plus, combat duty goes a long way to dispel fear. I'd honestly consider playing "What If" with your system if I were you. You might just uncover a gem you didn't know you had.

Renegade

Trader
Oct 3, 2013
The best thing is that you find the best way to spend the forex money! I can say that traveling is my passion. Although, I still have to pay for it from my day job earnings.

TheFxTrader

Trader
Nov 16, 2015
Yes, Forex paid for it! It was one basket trade of the 7 JPY pairs that gave me $5200 in 2.5 hrs. So, what to use the money for? My buddy had a business trip to Paris and Cologne, Ger. planned and he asked if I was interested. You Betcha! Never been before.

Flight over and back is a butt buster. Weather didn't comply as it was cold, overcast, windy and drizzly all the two weeks except for two sunny days. One in Paris and one in Strasbourg, Fra.

You visit Europe, be ready to walk. A lot! That caused me some problems. However, I didn't let it get in the way. Just bitched and kept going. Typical grunt! LOL

Did some good trades while there, after I figured out "time." We hit Paris, Cologne and Strasbourg. Strasbourg has the prettiest women, hands down! Cologne is a History Lesson. Paris is the elite tourist trap.

Luckily, and unknown to me, we visited the Arch de Triumph on V-E Day. The Arch is where the French have their "Tomb of the Unknown" from WW1. After the ceremony, I paid military honors at the flame. And I was backed up by 4 French Marines I'd met on top of the Arch. What a moment! WOW!

When in Cologne, you'll see postcards with B/W shots of the train station and Cathedral. Then, you'l begin to understand. This is why I say it's a learning experience. No bombs hit either edifice. But leveled everything else in the area.

Strasbourg is just pretty. Everywhere you look. Inns and hotels are older than the USA! Looking at the 4-600 yr to build cathedrals, my buddy asked, "You got anything like that in the US?" I just laughed. We're only 200 years old!

I enjoyed it. It was fun. And I can thank Forex for the experience. But it's good to be home and trading on time again.
I'm new to Forex and CFDs trading and your post gives me the confidence that if I happen to become pretty good at this I could make some $$$ and pamper myself a little bit. :))