MT4 Minimum OS is Windows 7 and Linux Wine

I noticed that MetaTrader 4 build 1170 says this:

We remind you that support for older versions of operating systems, including Windows XP/2003/Vista, has been discontinued. The minimum acceptable OS version for the client terminal is Windows 7.

I was planning on switching to Linux as base OS for MT4. The earlier MT4 versions where able to run on 32-bit Windows but now it appears it might be 64-bit Windows. It isn't clear at the Metatrader4 website.

Is anyone using the MT4 version 1170 on Linux using Wine?
If you are using Wine, is it the 64-bit version?

Ervin Samue

Trader
Dec 14, 2018
San Francisco
I noticed that MetaTrader 4 build 1170 says this:

We remind you that support for older versions of operating systems, including Windows XP/2003/Vista, has been discontinued. The minimum acceptable OS version for the client terminal is Windows 7.

I was planning on switching to Linux as base OS for MT4. The earlier MT4 versions where able to run on 32-bit Windows but now it appears it might be 64-bit Windows. It isn't clear at the Metatrader4 website.

Is anyone using the MT4 version 1170 on Linux using Wine?
If you are using Wine, is it the 64-bit version?

Yes, you can use MT4/MT5 on Linux Wine. But it's not a fully stable application, so sometimes, it might work inappropriately or not work by any means.

You should follow the guideline https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/userguide/install_linux
There discuss everything on detailed, further you faced any specific problem, please let us know.