missing order life cycle in the journal (mt4)

radaway

Trader
Oct 5, 2016
Hi All

I wanted to know something I did not completely understand regarding one of my trades.
Image 1 shows the order that is in question, it closed itself with a loss.
Image 2 will show that this is the only line available in the journal about this order (filtering on order #) , which says that the order was opened. I do not see at all , how and when this order was closed. My date filters are in the proper range when I view the journal. for me its queer that the order was opened, closed with a loss but no mention of the latter in the journal.
any ideas on this ?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1_ac history.png
    1_ac history.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 2_this order was not closed so what happened.png
    2_this order was not closed so what happened.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 9

radaway

Trader
Oct 5, 2016
That should be the reason.
I switch off my PC at night and then restart it later next day.
But I am under the supposition, that I am trading on the broker's server ( logon with the credentials that the broker has supplied).
My trades are still going on ( even when I restart my PC), so I am 'assuming' that all is going fine at the server end and whether I switch on or off my PC(client) has nothing to do with my on-going trades. Am I wrong here then ? because if I understand what you mentioned, then the journals are dependent on the client machine(me), but the trades are going on when I switch the PC on again. ..do I see it as 2 different entities ...journal is client related , while the trade- is server ?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Yes, the Journal tab is logged by your PC, so it won't store anything that happened when your platform was turned off. The trading orders are executed by the broker's server, so your PC/platform does not have to be online for it to happen.

Nota bene: Expert advisors are executed on your PC, so turning it off will also stop EAs from working (however, their orders will still be executed by the server). Trailing stop in MT4 is also client-side.

• 👍
Reactions: radaway

radaway

Trader
Oct 5, 2016
Wow ..this is Gold !
last question : is stop Loss (client or server). I guess server .. right ? ...& so is T.P
just confirming