MetaTrader Windows window Problem

JXBlack

Active Trader
Sep 21, 2009
By my own clumsiness I have managed to get the Data Window to full screen. Most windows programs permit you to grab the window on the far right or left with the cursor and rearrange the window size. When I try this on MetaTrader the window snaps back to full screen. Closing and reopening the program doesn't help.
I would like the Data Window to return to its default position occupying about 10-20% of the screen on the left. Can anyone help me or please direct me to a forum where this question might be answered?

Thanks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Closing the data window is not the option?

Actually, the Data window can be resized by grabbing its far right/left border. If that doesn't work for you, try re-installing it or something. What version of MetaTrader do you use?

JXBlack

Active Trader
Sep 21, 2009
I think I will need to try to reinstall. Does anyone know how to do this and keep the indicators and the off line database?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
You can try deleting the Profiles folder in your MT4, it will probably reset your view.

To re-install just download a new installation and install into old location. It will preserve your EAs, indicators and history.

wizardpro

Trader
Jul 12, 2012
Do you have a screen shoot how it loook like ?
I am not sure I get the questions correct, try using right click and disable auto arrange and auto grid.