Market Makers, ECN and STP brokers

globalfx

Trader
Feb 24, 2014
Market Makers, ECN and STP brokers, how do you differentiate these brokers?

Also, which is best for trading and why?

vicknic

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 21, 2014
Netherlands
www.profiforex.com

ECN and STP brokers are the best to trade with. Straight Through Processing (STP) forex brokers send their customers' orders directly to the liquidity providers (banks or larger brokers) without running them through a dealing desk. This means that orders are filled without unnecessary delays, and that ideally, with STP execution there are rare re-quotes. I would not say that there are platforms free from re-quotes. As long as there is change in market price/quote, then your broker will always ask for permission whether to execute or not.

michael smith

Banned
Mar 4, 2014
I am using STP/ECN broker - Gainsy, (personally I have STP account). Why STP is better? 'cause I can use MT4))) As for me it's the best TP and best broker.

globalfx

Trader
Feb 24, 2014
I am using STP/ECN broker - Gainsy, (personally I have STP account). Why STP is better? 'cause I can use MT4))) As for me it's the best TP and best broker.

This is a very bad Broker. I won't advice anyone to go near it. Please don't make me start giving my experience. and stop advertising on my thread. I asked what these terms mean you sh***

globalfx

Trader
Feb 24, 2014
ECN and STP brokers are the best to trade with. Straight Through Processing (STP) forex brokers send their customers' orders directly to the liquidity providers (banks or larger brokers) without running them through a dealing desk. This means that orders are filled without unnecessary delays, and that ideally, with STP execution there are rare re-quotes. I would not say that there are platforms free from re-quotes. As long as there is change in market price/quote, then your broker will always ask for permission whether to execute or not.

Thank you Vic for your concise explanation. I am sure I and newbies would benefit. I see who you represent and I'll look into it. But can you explain the advantages of market makers?

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
Gainsy is spamming forums, unreliable broker detected

Please if you don't have anything better to do.

michael smith

Banned
Mar 4, 2014
This is a very bad Broker. I won't advice anyone to go near it. Please don't make me start giving my experience. and stop advertising on my thread. I asked what these terms mean you sh***
So I still carry with broker)

I'm sorry, apparently I did not understand your question...
And what about theme of thread - the easiest way to start trading IMO is to open STP account - because to open ECN account you need to deposit not a little money (Too big for start if you're beginner)
And I cannot say nothing about Markets - cause I don't know nothing about it(

Olss77

Trader
Mar 18, 2014

It depends what you want broker for? A market maker makes money when you lose, it means their interest is for you to lose. ECN/DMA/STP sends all orders direct to the banks, depends on their liquidity will determine execution quality, as well as their technology

News traders can win anywhere

globalfx

Trader
Feb 24, 2014
It depends what you want broker for? A market maker makes money when you lose, it means their interest is for you to lose. ECN/DMA/STP sends all orders direct to the banks, depends on their liquidity will determine execution quality, as well as their technology

News traders can win anywhere
Thank you. But who trades with a broker that is interested in your loss. Some traders have some nerves to trade against the Market Makers.

Rockefeller

Master Trader
Jul 12, 2013
London
Then how does they handle slippage issues. I have heard lots of traders complain about slippage on their platform.

I am using VPS to minimize slippage. All ECN brokers have slippage. Unfortunately no way around it.
To trade without slippage use a market maker but then you have requotes and wider spreads.

michael smith

Banned
Mar 4, 2014
I am using VPS to minimize slippage. All ECN brokers have slippage. Unfortunately no way around it.
To trade without slippage use a market maker but then you have requotes and wider spreads.

Who wants to trade with wide spreads? Why then do we need to trade using MM? What kind of positive moments in trading with MM?

Rockefeller

Master Trader
Jul 12, 2013
London
Who wants to trade with wide spreads? Why then do we need to trade using MM? What kind of positive moments in trading with MM?

Market maker will give you requotes and delays so it's much worse than slippage on ECN/STP brokers. Only thing is that with MM slippage is smaller than on ECN.

I would not trade with MM broker.

michael smith

Banned
Mar 4, 2014
Market maker will give you requotes and delays so it's much worse than slippage on ECN/STP brokers. Only thing is that with MM slippage is smaller than on ECN.

I would not trade with MM broker.

Thnx, I didn't know that))
So I'd not trade with MM too)
Now I trade with STP. Maximum what I'll do is change my STP account to ECN.

Aby123

Active Trader
Mar 17, 2014
My vote goes to STP too, but I would not use your broker. Too bad!!!

I didn't suggest that you use my broker or try them either. What I said was I'm voting for STP and satisfied with my STP broker duh. :rolleyes:

Last edited: