Marin le Pen and the Euro

RealTrade

Trader
Feb 1, 2017
So, there is election in france is going to be soon. The first round's leader is far right radical Marin le Pen.
According to polls she will be winner of the first round.
637b3cd1d4ae.png

9fcab9481257.png

So i'd want to ask You guys:
1) How do You think that will affect Euro, Frank, Pound? Short term and longer term.
2) Is the reversal possible?
We watched significant reversal after Trump spoke after election, so Maybe Marin le Pen could done same?
3) Are it so serious as medias wanted to think?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Marie Le Pen winning the first round would be a bearish signal for the euro, but not very strong. However, if she wins the second round (which is very unlikely), the euro would get down quite fast (I would aim for 0.8-0.9 range in just a few days).

RealTrade

Trader
Feb 1, 2017
Marie Le Pen winning the first round would be a bearish signal for the euro, but not very strong. However, if she wins the second round (which is very unlikely), the euro would get down quite fast (I would aim for 0.8-0.9 range in just a few days).
I don't think so. It's quite big range.
Marin would be defenetly less painfull for euro, than Brexit was for Pound. Pound lost "just" 20 cents. So 0.9-0.95 is the minimum for the first half year.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
UK was not a part of a monetary union, so the Brexit had no direct impact on pound (the impact was indirect - via the country's economy). In France's case, it is one of the main members in the eurozone. If it leaves, there will be little point in keeping the euro alive at all.