Lost 50 grand in audcad move

Samuel2320

Trader
Nov 21, 2016
As bizzare as at may seem. Lost 50k in last few hours due to the sharp move in the audcad. im 100% sure my broker screwed me and wiped out my account as i was getting profitable. I want to know if anyone else lost or made anything due to this sharp move. would appreciate replies from fellow traders...

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
As bizzare as at may seem. Lost 50k in last few hours due to the sharp move in the audcad. im 100% sure my broker screwed me and wiped out my account as i was getting profitable. I want to know if anyone else lost or made anything due to this sharp move. would appreciate replies from fellow traders...
Can you show us some evidences? I can't understand anything from what you have written

Danish Faridi

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2016
Sad to know if true! I too had lost big money during periods of sharp moves or market crash. I still remember losing all my capital & profits in the SNB induced market crash in 2015. Stop loss did not work and there was no way to close the trade manually as price was explosively volatile. I was trading with Alpari UK which folded up after this incident declaring themselves bankrupt.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
//----

hey samuel..... i see nothing unusual on the audcad using oanda and fxcm charts.... and for sure no 'sharp move' of any magnitude..... you would need to be much more descriptive with the details.....

large losses are more common in forex than most any would imagine..... that 1000 pip free fall in the gbpusd in under 15 minute a few weeks ago is a good example...... there are somethings in which the only way to protect yourself from is by using only a fraction of your margin available......h

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017

Till now no reply from you when others members were asking question! Strange! Even, I’m not sure, why you are trading with a market maker although you are trading with 50K+ equity.