loosing money

Chadpowell

Trader
Apr 8, 2023
New York
Take a break! Stepping away from the computer and taking a break can help you clear your mind and put things in perspective.
Also believe that losing money is a part of this trading life! That's all I do!

• 👍
Reactions: OscarR and SOLIDECN

OscarR

Trader
Apr 20, 2023
Of course, I take some breaks. However, at times, I can't help but wonder what's the point of starting to trade again, knowing that I might end up losing money once more.

• ℹ️
Reactions: SOLIDECN

SOLIDECN

Master Trader
Nov 16, 2021
I have been trading CFD products for almost 20 years now. I would go back and see what I have done wrong, what did I miss, and how should I prevent it.​
  • Did I missed a major news impact?
  • Did I missed an important support / resistance level
That's how we deal when a trade goes wrong.

• 👍
Reactions: OscarR

OscarR

Trader
Apr 20, 2023
I suppose I need to move over the challenge of sometimes losing money and accept that this is an essential element of trading. I have to figure out how to do that without acting on my feelings.

Ara

Trader
Apr 24, 2023
hello everyone!
what cheers you up when you lost money in trading? :(((
it can be helpful to take a break from trading for a little while to clear your mind and refocus your strategy. Engage in activities that help you relax and take your mind off the losses, such as exercise, meditation, or spending time with loved ones.

OscarR

Trader
Apr 20, 2023
it can be helpful to take a break from trading for a little while to clear your mind and refocus your strategy. Engage in activities that help you relax and take your mind off the losses, such as exercise, meditation, or spending time with loved ones.
what do you do in your breaking time?
I do nothing special go to work and gym maybe.
do I have to do something related to trading or not? i mean reading or watching something?

thomas_novak

Banned
May 1, 2023
hello everyone!
Hey! Losing money in trading can be tough. Remember, it's a learning opportunity and setbacks are normal. Stay positive and connect with a supportive trading community. You'll bounce back stronger!

OscarR

Trader
Apr 20, 2023
Hey! Losing money in trading can be tough. Remember, it's a learning opportunity and setbacks are normal. Stay positive and connect with a supportive trading community. You'll bounce back stronger!
Thanks for the pep talk! It's true, losses are part of the game and we learn from them. Really appreciate the positive vibes and the reminder to stick together in this. You rock!

fargana

Active Trader
Nov 14, 2022
hello everyone!
Acknowledgement that loss is a part of the game. You have to be profitable on average (mean of returns should be profitable), losses on particular trades should be ignored to keep you emotionally unaffected.

AlexOZ

Trader
Apr 22, 2023
hello everyone!
Ouch. Step back and reflect. Avoid jumping in quickly to make up any losses. Then review your trading plan ensuring tight risk management settings are in place (such as no more than 1% of your account balance risked on any one trade and limit multiple trades). Trading is more about 'how much am I willing to risk?' rather than 'how much money do I expect make?'.

• 👍
Reactions: OscarR

Glossy

Trader
Aug 2, 2021
Poland
This is a very serious issue, because when you lose money, you want to stop.
But the best thing to do is to start learning, figure out why it was lost, and rehabilitate yourself.

OscarR

Trader
Apr 20, 2023
Acknowledgement that loss is a part of the game. You have to be profitable on average (mean of returns should be profitable), losses on particular trades should be ignored to keep you emotionally unaffected.
yes excatlly well said. I should handle the emotions
Post automatically merged:

Thinking about the profits I made is my motivation for trading.
I guess we all think the same way. we start trading to earn profits.

yes excatlly well said. I should handle the emotions

I guess we all think the same way. we start trading to earn profits.
This is a very serious issue, because when you lose money, you want to stop.
But the best thing to do is to start learning, figure out why it was lost, and rehabilitate yourself.
what are your sources to learn? I always ask people about their sources of learning.

Ouch. Step back and reflect. Avoid jumping in quickly to make up any losses. Then review your trading plan ensuring tight risk management settings are in place (such as no more than 1% of your account balance risked on any one trade and limit multiple trades). Trading is more about 'how much am I willing to risk?' rather than 'how much money do I expect make?'.
how do you make a trading plan??? risk is the nature of forex trading.

HenryTillman

Trader
Sep 29, 2023
USA
Taking a break from trading during challenging times can be a wise move. It allows you to clear your mind, reduce stress, and regain focus on your trading strategy. Engaging in activities like exercise, meditation, or spending quality time with loved ones can provide the mental and emotional balance needed to make better trading decisions in the long run. Remember, trading is a marathon, not a sprint, and taking care of your mental and emotional well-being is an essential part of achieving success in the markets.

fargana

Active Trader
Nov 14, 2022
hello everyone!
Time will cure. I take a break if I took heavy loss, continuing to trade during this perilous time will likely result in more losses. Setting stop loss and honoring it will also help since you know in advance what you are going for