Looking for US broker that I can trade stocks

rfresh737

Trader
Aug 26, 2022
I want to use MT4...I'm in the US...I want to trade stocks (non CFD)...is there a broker that meets those requirements?

Thank you...

rfresh737

Trader
Aug 26, 2022
OK thanks...I know MT4 was designed with Forex in mind but it's an awesome scripting product...I don't understand why other US brokers don't use it. Surely it can't be that hard to make it work for US stocks with brokers in the US.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
OK thanks...I know MT4 was designed with Forex in mind but it's an awesome scripting product...I don't understand why other US brokers don't use it. Surely it can't be that hard to make it work for US stocks with brokers in the US.
To offer stock-trading capabilities, the platform has to support exchange-based trading. MT4 doesn't have that.

rfresh737

Trader
Aug 26, 2022
I was reading that MT5 supports exchange based trading but still cannot find any brokers in the US offering that service with MT5?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I was reading that MT5 supports exchange based trading but still cannot find any brokers in the US offering that service with MT5?
Yes, MT5 supports exchange-based trading and you can trade stocks and futures (not CFDs!) using it. Unfortunately, MT5 isn't supported by any of the US brokers. You can still find MT5 stock brokers for other countries' exchanges, but there aren't too many.