Looking for institutional traders

FxInstitute

Trader
Jan 13, 2012
Hi, I am doing research on the factors of success in trading.

Currently I am looking for institutional traders as I would like to study the most important problems of people who handle big money in funds and investment banks. I mean institutional traders who are actively investing in the markets to make a profit.

In exchange I’ll try to help solve these problems. Problems can be of different nature, my research is described below. I also have a PhD in mathematical physics, and 10 years of experience in the management consulting.

I’m an author of a book containing interviews with retail traders and currently I’m working on the other - a summary of my current research and knowledge.

You can write to me here in the thread or in PM.

If you know someone who can help or who can I contact - I would appreciate a contact.

This is a noncommercial project.

Calendar of research

Since 2007 […] runs international studies centered around learning about the elements of success in trading and investing and all kinds of practices that lead to long-term investing success.

The first series of interviews with retail and institutional traders were conducted in 2007-2010. There have been, among others, the following results:

· We discovered the full path of the development of a trader - from beginner to intuitive expert.

· We supplemented the key factors for success in trading (we added 2 new factors).

· We presented a list of the most serious obstacles/challenges to the development of the trader.

· We have analyzed the problems of beginners seen from the perspective of their teachers.

A side effect of research is the book […] which is currently being translated into languages​​: Polish and, Russian (finished), Arabic, Indonesian, and Farsi.

Years 2010-2011 were the time of preparing the tools’ catalog for retail trader (on the trader's development map) and establishing goals for each of the four stages of development of a trader.

The year 2012 brought the study on problems of traders (beginners to advanced retail traders, we studied more than 1,500 people) and the beginning of work on a development program for traders who wish to enter professional trading. The aim was to create the "Accelerated Path of Trader’s Development" on the basis of research - the development program which will accelerate the development of traders and investors interested in professional trading.

Plans for 2013 and subsequent years include further development of the above-mentioned project ("Accelerated Path") and the extension of research on the environment of institutional traders: preparing professional traders’ path of development, the catalog of tools for development and the catalog of best practices in trading on a large scale (in investment firms) .

The Institute plans a further research in the areas of:

· quality management in trading (personal and team level),

· management in traders teams,

· managing virtual traders teams: best practices, problems and solutions.