Is there Black Monday or Tuesday for anyone else ?

devis77

Active Trader
Nov 8, 2011
I'm thinking for going safe and do a little USD/CHF, as vaibhabi said, GBP/USD it's like a tornado. No big losts but still ...

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
The eur/usd is an almost exact quazi pair of the usd/chf so their is no real difference its the same chart flipped upside-down, gbp/usd is also practically the same as the eur/usd with some minor divergences now-a-days with EU zone news. aud/usd and the usd/cad are also pretty much quazi pair with divergences due to commodity correlations. AUD-Gold/CAD-Crude. When all is said and done if horrible news or policy change comes out of the US they all move together including the usd/jpy, in my personal preference and experience I only hold one trade out of the (eur,chf,gbp/usd) group or one trade for the (aud,cad/usd) group. So in my mind the majors are really only 3 groups, when you include jpy. I pick the best set-up out of the eur group and the best from the aud group.....and i hate the usd/jpy:rolleyes: This keeps my exposure to the USD limited. On the same note, when I first started trading I was sold on the idea of a 24hr market place and was under the assumption that I could come home from work, open my platform and trade 'only' EU/USD 5-15min. In my experience this was far from the truth.

Attachments

• quazieu.gif
    quazieu.gif
    31.1 KB · Views: 13
  • quazigbp.gif
    quazigbp.gif
    31.1 KB · Views: 12
  • quaziaud.gif
    quaziaud.gif
    22.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

mingbao

Trader
Dec 6, 2011
Most of my time is spent in EURUSD, lately the market is not so clear so I decide not to trade in the market this week.

every currency pair had chances, in diffrent time range.

I also watch more for the trend of USDJPY, GBPUSD, and AUDUSD too.

actually I suggest you long AUDUSD in suitable time since there is a strong growth in its local market.