- Depending on where you want to send your alerts, visit TradingView.to/MT4 or TradingView.to/Mt5.
- Click on Get Started and follow the easy steps provided to create a Telegram bot which you will be required to submit the API key to in the next step.
- Copy and paste your API key into the box provides, and be keen on this step to make sure that you only provided the correct API key.
- Click on the next step and head over to your Telegram account and create a channel. To the channel you create you need to add two bots. Bot 1 is the one which you created and the second bot is @Tradingviewtobot, be careful here and make sure the bot icon matches that of Tradingview.to website. Ensure both bots are admins with permission to send messages.
- Click on the next step where you will be required to type in the channel you created the command ‘/chatid’ without the quotes. The ID you receive in this process is crucial to receiving your logs on telegram so make sure to copy it in full including the hyphen just before it if it is included.
- Click on next to submit it on the next step and you are only a step away from automation!
- On the last step, click the download EA here button to download the EA that you will install on your Meta Trader.
- Once you click Finish, you will see a Webhook URL that you are going to use in your Trading View alerts
Setting Up Your Mt4/5Once you have downloaded the EA:
- Go to your MT4/5, File>Open Data Folder> MQL4/5 (depending on whether it is MT4/5)> Experts and paste the EA here, then restart your Meta trader.
- Open Tools>Options> Expert Advisors. Tick on the box for Allow WebRequest for listed URL’s and add the following URLs: https://tradingview.to and https://api.telegram.org
- Click on ok to save. Now drag Tradingviewto EA onto one of your charts (you need to copy the received Webhook to paste here). Click on common and allow live trading. Do not forget to allow Auto Trading on your at the top of your Meta Trader.
- Make sure that you see a smiley face for MT4 or a lad with a green hat for MT5 at the right top corner of the chart to confirm the EA is properly installed.