How Much Money To Start Forex Trading

Aaronpp

Aug 6, 2019
There is no amount of money you should start with specifically, the money you want to use to trade must be money you don’t depend on for your food, services, etc. It must be money that you are willing to lose if you have a wrong and move that leaves you in a very low capital.

mark_t

Oct 19, 2019
I would suggest everyone newbie to start with a micro account. So do not risk huge funds in the beginning, go slow.

Aug 5, 2021
I think there are benefits to starting with a small amount, especially for beginners that may be timid about depositing money into their account at first. You can also test withdrawal methods and so on. However, I think it’s a good idea to start with at least $100 or more so that you’ll have a good bit of capital to trade on.

Glossy

Trader
Aug 2, 2021
Poland
After successfully trading on a demo account, I advise you to use no more than a thousand dollars to start.

Glossy

Trader
Aug 2, 2021
Poland
No more than a thousand dollars.
Everyone for himself can decide how much it will be.

hk_09

Trader
Oct 30, 2020
Don’t you think a $1000 dollars is too much to start with. I wouldn’t suggest this amount to my enemy, let alone others.
Yea, pretty much that is quite too much, but I think ultimately, it comes down to trader's perspective on adding the funds. Some don't mind adding $1000 and some don't mind adding $100.

Black Bobble

Trader
Oct 14, 2021
If you can afford to invest $ 50,000 in trading, then why not, everyone has their own budget.
Where did you even get these amounts of $ 1000 or $ 100?

Oct 22, 2021
UK,London
I have started just with my free 300$ (free I mean I was able to lose them from the start) but I think that if you are newbie you should have first capital as low as possible for this to not get tilted in case of losing and to gain some first experience

JoshEvansFX

Trader
Jul 7, 2021
I started with a few k, but then came across prop firms such as FTMO and My Forex Funds. Decided to pass their challenges and then getting funded by them. Took a while, but better than trading with my own money.

sunar14

Trader
Jan 17, 2021
Don’t you think a $1000 dollars is too much to start with. I wouldn’t suggest this amount to my enemy, let alone others.
If you focus on relative performance like returns, drawdowns expressed as percentage from your equity then actual amount of money doesn't matter that much