How much do you make in profits per month?

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Just out of curiosity, how much do you typically make per month as a trader? What type of strategy do you use?
//----

hey leigh..... bad news first..... there have been maybe 4 times where i have lost around 5k in a single day.....

my average might be 1000$ a month over past 16 years..... probably less a month than many traders make a day.....

sometimes might go months and not trade at all..... which might be a positive....

my preference is trend trading..... however, those 5k losses in a day might suggest otherwise..... h

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
//----

hey leigh..... bad news first..... there have been maybe 4 times where i have lost around 5k in a single day.....

my average might be 1000$ a month over past 16 years..... probably less a month than many traders make a day.....

sometimes might go months and not trade at all..... which might be a positive....

my preference is trend trading..... however, those 5k losses in a day might suggest otherwise..... h
Since it's been about a month since you replied, out of curiosity, how well did you do over the past 3 or 4 weeks? Would you say it was a good or bad month, considering your normal performance?

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Since it's been about a month since you replied, out of curiosity, how well did you do over the past 3 or 4 weeks? Would you say it was a good or bad month, considering your normal performance?
//----

hey leigh..... far better than normal..... the markets were better suited for trading.....

this is an account i move money around almost daily to and from other accounts..... it alone made 3400 this week.....

i feel comfortable saying this month will be over all far better than normal......

but the markets will change and there might be months of nothing......h
//------

last-week-png.22490

• 👍
Reactions: HeavenLeighGill

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
//----

hey leigh..... far better than normal..... the markets were better suited for trading.....

this is an account i move money around almost daily to and from other accounts..... it alone made 3400 this week.....
That's awesome, thanks for the reply!

Marco877

Banned
Aug 26, 2022
Just out of curiosity, how much do you typically make per month as a trader? What type of strategy do you use?
There is no fixed answer from my side! Since, I am trading without any monthly target; when I get a good trading opportunity only then I would like to open a new trade position; I don’t force myself to open a new trade position! Quality is my 1st & only one priority!

• 👍

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
There is no fixed answer from my side! Since, I am trading without any monthly target; when I get a good trading opportunity only then I would like to open a new trade position; I don’t force myself to open a new trade position! Quality is my 1st & only one priority!
I think this is a good way to think about it!

Mikhail_trade

Sep 9, 2022
Every month is different with higher and lower profits. I have been lucky to not lose too much money in any trades but I think that is more because I will not trade more than I would be comfortable losing. No one is perfect.

• 👍

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
Every month is different with higher and lower profits. I have been lucky to not lose too much money in any trades but I think that is more because I will not trade more than I would be comfortable losing. No one is perfect.
I think that's definitely a good way to go about it. Overtrading definitely isn't a good thing, good to be confident about the trades you do take.
Post automatically merged:

I target yearly profits since i am part time trader it is between 70-100K USD
Wow! Impressive

Claud Lepathy

Trader
Apr 15, 2022
Have been trading forex for 3 years now. I am still trying to figure it out how to make some money. I wonder if anybody is making money. The great teachers are all teaching on youtube instead of making money online.

Haruto

Trader
Oct 26, 2022

To be very honest, that’s very embarrassing question to answer! Since, it’s a very personal issue! On the other hand, I use Price Action with supply/demand trading strategy!

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
To be very honest, that’s very embarrassing question to answer! Since, it’s a very personal issue! On the other hand, I use Price Action with supply/demand trading strategy!
That's fair! Some people may be more comfortable sharing. I find it interesting to see how others make it out with losses versus profit over a period of time.
Post automatically merged:

Have been trading forex for 3 years now. I am still trying to figure it out how to make some money. I wonder if anybody is making money. The great teachers are all teaching on youtube instead of making money online.
I honestly think that a lot of the Youtubers are probably doing YouTube and mentoring because it's paying them more than actually trading. Some are probably legit, but I always take that with a grain of salt. It's good that you haven't given up yet, 3 years is a decent amount of time and around how long I've been at it, although I'd never consider myself as more than maybe an intermediate trader.