How do you avoid Slippages

wisetrada

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2014
I just got a new account with a UK broker, but I don't like how I experience slippage on this platform. I decided to go with this broker because of their copy system. I don't experience slippages with my other broker. But this new broker and their platform is killing my trades. Can anyone tell me any trick to avoid slippages?

Last edited:

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
I just got a new account with a UK broker, but I don't like how I experience slippage on this platform. I decided to go with this broker because of their copy system. I don't experience slippages with my other broker. But this new broker and their platform is killing my trades. Can anyone tell me any trick to avoid slippages?

What broker is it, please? Could you name them?

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
well avoiding slippage depends on your broker. There is not much you can do about it. So i will suggest go with a broker who has STP or ECN accounts. How ever if you want to avoid re quotes there is an easy option in mt4. Go to tool>option> trade> deviation by default and set it to 30-40 points if max slippage with your broker is not more than 3-4 pips. You will never have any re quote again

vicknic

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 21, 2014
Netherlands
www.profiforex.com
Slippage is not something you can avoid. It happens in all STP/NDD platform. However, broker latency and execution speed has a good roll to play here. When your broker delays your order execution, there is every chance that the price will move during the time you place the deal and the time it takes to execute the order. Choosing a platform with fast execution speed is very important. Our clients rarely experience slippages. There has not been any serious complain this year.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Just use pending limit orders..it takes care of this issue. And yeah, too much slippage, better change the broker asap..

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Sorry but would have to disagree with the last post.. a demo account DOES NOT make for actual trading experience..more to the point, a few brokers offer demo accounts that vary widely from live ones.

The demo account is there to help the new trader learn the ropes, work out how to use the TP, SL, indicators, develop a strategy, etc. But the sooner the trader moves to a live account, he can chalk up some trading experience, of the real sort. I would suggest a micro acc to start off with..

nalu

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Sep 3, 2014
Slippage can be faustrating and can ruin money management plan.Slippage happen mostly when market are closed for periods of the day. The use of stop loss order is important because it can help in preventing slippage . But if u feel the fault is from your broker why not change your broker and try other broker that present better platform that can make you trade successful instead of giving you problem. Thats why i love profiforex.

RanAli

Trader
Sep 8, 2014
Find an Equinix broker, get the best VPS as close to the trade server as possible and trade.

There is always latency over mt4 and there is always slippage (fast markets), the best you can do is lower latency as much as possible and get less slipped.

My EA on Yadix VPS executes at just over 1 millisecond. They use Equinix NY4, but equinix has multiple servers around the world it means that you are connected on the same network all the time. I can't fine better

Oh forget, if you really want to avoid, dont trade in news or fast markets ever :)

triplet

Active Trader
Oct 7, 2014
Slippage at times is not avoidable but the broker we use can be the cause.And since you notice it is from your broker why not choose a fair broker that is well known and stick to them. I having been trading with profiforex and I haven’t experience such for now

JimMoz

Trader
Oct 22, 2014
I guess negative slippage you had? I find it unbelievable that some brokers only give negative slippage. From that side you cannot control.

From your side, get a vps close to their server. Its the best

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I will change the broker, that's the easiest and painless way.

garena

Master Trader
Jan 28, 2014
Avoid new release and I think some broker offer fix spread in all conditions. This is what you need to avoid slippage.

tomas.v

Trader
Nov 18, 2014
Germany
The easiest way to avoid slippages is to choose a broker who allows to place real limit orders, such orders reside in orderbook and they can't be slipped in any situation. There are a few such brokers like mbtrading or fxopen.

NigelPower

Dec 8, 2014
Slippage is normal for STP/DMA brokers, if with your broker you get only negative slippage, then something is wrong. If you get price improvements (positive slippage) then you are ok.

madrista

Feb 6, 2015
Slippage is most common in markets that are closed for periods of the day, such as equity markets. The reason is that market-affecting events can occur while the market is closed and the market may reopen at a markedly different price to where it closed. This is also referred to as “gapping”. If a trader has a stop-loss or stop-entry order within the “gap”, they will suffer slippage as their order will be filled when the market opens at the worse-off opening level.