How can we improve our discipline in trading?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Discipline is an integral part of becoming a consistently profitable trader. However, most of the forex traders find themselves unable to remain disciplined as they trade the markets. What we should do in order to become a disciplined traders and how we can change our trading habits to become more disciplined?

• 👍
Reactions: hayseed

nalu

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Sep 3, 2014
Every trader who want to be successful in forex need to be discipline. Whether a beginner or a professional discipline is needed to be a consistent profitable trader. Being discipline will help you to cultivate a positive trading habit and also help you to manage and control greed while trading.

Dmitriy Enrst

Active Trader
Mar 14, 2015
I believe that the discipline - it's all important quality of a successful person. Without it, it is difficult to achieve something in life. This is a factor number 1 for profitable trading.

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
I believe that the discipline - it's all important quality of a successful person. Without it, it is difficult to achieve something in life. This is a factor number 1 for profitable trading.

If you are disciplined then you will definitely do all the things in a proper way, which will help you to have a good approach towards trading.

The first step into becoming a more disciplined trader is to set a clear-cut goal. So, having formulated your goal and taking the necessary steps to achieving them, start to monitor your progress. Remember that it’s easy to get lost in the motions of the market. This is why it’s important for you to have something to hold on to such as your stats in times when minor setbacks force you to doubt yourself.

Sarah12

Aug 12, 2015
Trading forex has no imposed rules for which we have to follow,as such, traders have no choice but to cultivate the attitude of being disciplined and having a rock solid set of rules in place,these are a must! They are our guiding hand and a source of structure to success in trading.Now Once the market gets into your head it starts playing with your decision making. Every time you have to make a decision or enter a trade you will begin to second guess yourself, you basically lose control, your ability to remain calm and gain control( remain discipline) puts one back on track

Last edited:

Alpha24

Trader
Jun 25, 2022
Trading is serious business and mastering trading is very complicated process. Here is 4 points are important to trade successfully
1. Money Management
2. Risk Management
3. Technical & Fundamental Analysis
4. Trading Psychology

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
I think discipline starts with your personality. If you have absolutely no self-discipline, there are things you can do to change that in your everyday life AND with trading that can make you think and act differently, but there's a whole process to completely changing yourself as a person. I was sort of in the middle when I started, so I started employing changes day to day.

Alpha24

Trader
Jun 25, 2022
I think discipline starts with your personality. If you have absolutely no self-discipline, there are things you can do to change that in your everyday life AND with trading that can make you think and act differently, but there's a whole process to completely changing yourself as a person. I was sort of in the middle when I started, so I started employing changes day to day.
Discipline is preparing for worst and overcome it. We have to learn remaining in current state of mind. this will keep us aware of worst conditions so can avoid losses and extend profits. It's fight with our own emotions which forces to make mistakes. e.g. watch the mental business in between trade entry to exit how our emotions(beliefs) changes and forces to make mistakes, wrong entry, early exit, profitable trades converts into losses, it's all cause(emotion or belief) and effect(losses). fear and greed are the parents of these emotions, to get rid from it disciplined mind (without emotion or belief) is key for successful trading.
forgive me for my bad English, it is not my native language.