Hobby trader ready to step it up

AKFX

Trader
Mar 5, 2019
Hello traders

I have been trading for sometime alongside my full time job, and have been thinking for a while that i would like to step up the commitment to trading and see if it is something I can take to the next level.

I have not traded big accounts, but have consistency in my trading and strategy.

Looking forward to immersing myself in the forum and surrounding myself with other like minded traders.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Welcome to the Forum! It is good to know that you are consistent in your strategy albeit with a small account. I would not recommend leaving your full-time job to pursue trading Forex full-time. Especially so, if you do not have a hefty sum of extra funds set aside.

The biggest problem when you switch to Forex trading as your main source of income is that you become constantly stressed by the need to win and gain profits. Losses become something unbearable. It is quite difficult to take psychologically. It might also be very risky economically if you do not have some plan B in case your strategy fails to bring profits for a long period of time.

Of course, if you see that your normal job is significantly hindering your ability to take trades, it might be a good idea to switch to Forex full-time, but you it could turn out a very stressful endeavor.

• 👍
Reactions: 37riched

37riched

Active Trader
Dec 26, 2018
Welcome to the community. It takes a strong resolution to step up and decide to be more committed to your trading. What you must know however, that it isn't going to be a bed of roses. And if you consider abandoning your other job, you need to be sure that your strategy will bring in some profits. Best of luck

• 👍
Reactions: Helloyees

Ulacan

Trader
Feb 21, 2019
If you feel ready to take your trading to the next level, do so. It's only a matter of time and experience for every trader. People start with demo, cent then real trading. Part time traders also move to full time trading. What matters is commitment, enjoying the trade and having trading discipline

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
To be honest; I don’t agree with the terminology of hobby trading. It’s a serious game. And all of the successful traders are very serious on their job; and that’s why they are successful.

To be honest; I don’t agree with the terminology of hobby trading. It’s a serious game. And all of the successful traders are very serious on their job; and that’s why they are successful.

Are there any successful traders on forums?

If you are any good at trading ,you would want your mindset to be clear and focussed on your trading , and free of ambiguity and crap from losers from forums.

A boxer can't win by listening to the crowd , but by listening to his coach.

They are serious , so they don't follow all these free indicators , systems and educators .They don't post about their strategies anywhere on the internet.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
They are serious , so they don't follow all these free indicators , systems and educators .They don't post about their strategies anywhere on the internet.

As I see; pro traders mainly focus on trading chart instead of trading tools. On the other hand, they are also serious on news trading.

Helloyees

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
Maybe you will share with us how much success you already have in all that applications and trades you have already tried ? Something consistent and profitable ? By the way have you read this forum tutorial already or not ? It says a lot about everything.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Maybe you will share with us how much success you already have in all that applications and trades you have already tried ? Something consistent and profitable ? By the way have you read this forum tutorial already or not ? It says a lot about everything.

Forum tutorial? No idea on it; where is the link? (Please don’t put any external link).

Deara11

Trader
Apr 12, 2019
There is pipsology school if that is what he really means for that much better anyway. I do want to make it much much better along with that and we can really work out something, but better let us know all your profits here anyway. Can you ?

TFA

Trader
Jan 23, 2020
yeah dont stop the gravy train. it's psychologically stressful if you are dependent on just the trading to sustain yourself

Gene

Trader
Feb 5, 2019
Are there any successful traders on forums?

If you are any good at trading ,you would want your mindset to be clear and focussed on your trading , and free of ambiguity and crap from losers from forums.

A boxer can't win by listening to the crowd , but by listening to his coach.
The answer to your question is yes - there are successful traders on forums, and they are generally taking counter trades to the posters.
With an estimated 95% of retail traders consistently failing to make profits it is a strategy that can work.
Check out how often the strong consensus trades on Forex Factory or Oanda fail which can validate the process.
A great way to test this is to take counter trades on a demo account for a month.