ECN - Free Forex Strategy Builder

Hidden Stop Loss Tool - Hide your Stop Loss from Brokers

Discussion in 'General Forex Discussion' started by MechXTrader, Aug 11, 2009.

1. MechXTrader

MechXTrader Master Trader

This tool helps you hide your stop loss from dishonest brokers. Simply plug in this tool, write your Stop Loss and it will handle and close trades without revealing your actual Stop Loss to your broker.

Parameters
    SL.Price - Price of Stop Loss.
    Order.Ticket - Ticket of a trade you wish to monitor specifically. Leave at -1 to handle all trades on this symbol.

Download
    Hidden Stop Loss Tool

2. FXexpert

FXexpert Master Trader

Does this tool work with all brokers ??

3. Enivid

Enivid Administrator Staff Member

I guess it should be a MetaTrader broker for this tool to work.

4. FXexpert

FXexpert Master Trader

Yes it seems like many trading tools & EAs only work with MT4, hopefully we can get more systems that work with other brokers!

5. jimb12345

jimb12345 Active Trader

i did not know you could hide this. i will have to try this. I know there are dishonest brokers this is what is so sad.

6. Pinalli

Pinalli Master Trader

Where does the investor place his stop and limit orders respectively, determines the amount of risk he is taking up. It is advisable not to place your stop/loss orders too close to the normal market price, as a little fluctuation in the market, can then trigger the order. Likewise, limit orders should also reflect a rational hope of profits you are expecting, based on the market's trading activity. They should be set at the rate which is not overexposed to the trade, and also not too close to the market.
    'Stop-loss' and 'limit' orders can lower an investor's exposure to risk by a large proportion.

7. forexboy

forexboy Active Trader

I'm confused, can somebody provide a better explanation.

8. earn

earn Active Trader

well i think stop loss is really good though you can project in your mind about what is your risk taking capabilities

9. Pinalli

Pinalli Master Trader

What you found confusing in my post? Let us know what your understood and what not so that we all can help you.

Regards

10. JHayzament

JHayzament Active Trader

Can somone please explain more about how this works?

11. Pinalli

Pinalli Master Trader

Stop loss?

The trader can restrict his future losses by placing an order instructing the trading platform to buy or sell, the moment the market drops below the previously established price. Placing a stop-loss decreases the risk for the trader, as the system will close the trade if the market value drops below the point defined within the order, thus limiting the losses.

I hope its clear now!

12. Forex247

Forex247 Active Trader

If you have to find ways to hide your stop loss from a broker then I think it's time to find a new broker. You shouldn't have to worry about this. And anyways, hiding your stop loss will not stop your broker from screwing you over. They can do other things as well. So it would just be best to get another broker.

13. Deathless

Deathless Active Trader

14. Enivid

"Stop loss hunter employees"? It looks like the guy is living in a very interesting alternative reality world :).

15. Deathless

Deathless Active Trader

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010
  16. Enivid

It has already been discussed. This emulation program was developed for demo accounts to emulate "real market conditions" (similar to those used in MQL Automated Championships).

As for the stop-hunting. There is a huge problem with it because I don't think there are practical methods to prove that there is one or that there isn't one. It's just a matter of belief. But since I haven't encountered such behavior from the brokers I trade with, I won't be hiding my stops for now. If I find out that some broker does that to me I'll change the broker first, but if it's not possible, only then will I start implementing some anti-stop-hunting techniques. Just my 2 cents.

By the way, no need to redirect to ForexFactory via Facebook. I've corrected your link.